The Craigdarroch Inn
  • Restaurant
Drumnadrochit Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
$86
$77
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
$106
  • Breakfast included
Glenurquhart House Hotel(Balnain)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
$151
Inch Hotel(Fort Augustus)
$180
$174
The Lovat, Loch Ness(Fort Augustus)
$172
TripAdvisor
$135
Priory Hotel(Beauly)
$119
$111
All reviewsgroupon dealloch viewthe pubfour poster bedoff the beaten trackbar foodsteakstunning viewsbottle of winemy partnernight stayboth nightsan upgradecooked to perfectionan enjoyable stayrelaxed atmosphereevening meal
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Found the location and views from the hotel terrific.
Arrived just before 7pm and found that there was only one set evening menu and that was fairly pricey at £35 so drove to nearby Fort Augustus.
The room was large and after I removed 'Horrace The Spider' it was fine, although he had left his many cobwebs. This being said you are in the middle of the forest so expect spiders :)
The only negative in the room was the bedspread, please don't put these on, you hide the lovely crisp white bedding!
The bathroom as large and great shower.
Breakfast was a good mix of quality and quantity that didn't leave me feeling too full for the day ahead.
Overall a very friendly place to stay and would recommend anyone visiting the area to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room I guess (?)
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This place was great for us as we were able to take our dog Bud with us. We stayed one peaceful (great) night and had breakfast in the morning and it was lovely. service was just wot we required down to earth and nice!! Bud loved his stay and the nessie hunting in the loch and gives 5 paws. Thanx :0)

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I had a truly amazing stay at the Craigdarroch. Every single meal was served with impeccable timing and with such amazing presentation and varied delicious menus.
The rooms were comfortable , warm , no noise and equipped with trouser press , toiletries , tv , tea and coffee making facilities and hair dryer.

The open fire was roaring everynight in the lounge and the staff well presented and upmost helpful .. We will be back !!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I booked for a long weekend stay at the Craigdarroch House Hotel for my 30th birthday in March. We had not been to the Highlands before and wanted a view of Loch Ness. We were not disappointed!! The hotel is on the quieter side of the Loch (which is nicer as the roads are less busy), it is in a stunning location, with amazing views of the Loch. On arrival we were greeted by Martin (the owner and Head Chef) who took our bags up to the room. Our room had a great loch view and although the decor was a little dated, it was very comfortable.

When we went down to dinner on the first night, Eleanor (Martin's wife) greeted us and took us to the lounge area. We looked through the dinner menu in front an open fire with our drinks. I am a Vegan (so I do not eat any animal products) and I had called a few days before our stay to let the owners know. When we went to dinner, Martin had prepared a 3 course vegan feast for me. The food was amazing and I have never been to a Hotel before where they had made such an effort. I had a different menu every night as well. At breakfast the next morning, I found out that they had gone to the trouble of buying soya milk and vegan butter for me - which has never been given to me in a hotel before. I was also supplied with different pillows in our bedroom (instead of feathered pillows!).

My husband loved the whiskey selection in the bar and Eleanor was able to advise on the local whiskeys and how best to drink them (as he is a novice).

Overall, we had a great time at Craigdarroch House Hotel, the owners were lovely and also Hannah the waitress was very friendly and helpful as well. The Hotel really is in a stunning location and we think the best position on the Loch as it is away from the main road. Make sure that you get a hire car so that you can drive around the whole Loch.

We have already recommended this hotel to our friends and family and cannot wait to go back to stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaBiddle_11
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Due to the stressful nature of my job, we were looking for a nice quiet place to relax. Looking at various websites, we found the Craigdarroch House, which listed stunning views over Loch Ness etc. We booked for two nights, arriving late evening, so we didnt appreciate the area until we opened the curtains in the morning. Stunning elevated view over the loch and surrounding area. We met the hotel owners on the first night, who made us feel at home from the off set. Very friendly, homely environment which suited us perfectly. The food we recieved over the two days was exceptional, I must also comment on the queen size beds! I defy anyone to have a more comfortable sleep!!
All in all, a perfect way for us to spend the weekend. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to 'escape' for a couple days. We are definitely considering returning in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple