“Definitely worth a visit”

The Clansman Centre
Wellington, New Zealand
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

"Sexy" Ken in his sexy kilt was really good at demonstrating how the traditional kilt was worn and both males and females. Hilarious as he picks a guy and girl out from the crowd. He also demonstrates quite vividly the uses of the different weapons used in Highland warfare. Very interesting.

Visited June 2012

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“informative and fun”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Really good. The guy who does the talk is amusing and makes everyone welcome. There were loads of questions from my group and he is also really knowledgeable. Great you must go!

Visited April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A Great Insight”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The Clansman Centre offers a great insight into the old ways of the Highlanders before they were forcibly removed from their land. Get to know how they lived, what they ate, how they fought and what they wore (you might even get to try it on!).
Just a great insight to carry around with you as you travel across Scotland, it gives you different eyes to view the scenery with, eat the food with, and drink with.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Jennifer D
Saint John, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing show.”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I went to the Clansman Centre as part of a Haggis Adventures tour. It was a great show. It really gave you an idea of what life was like in the Scottish Highlands.

The man who put on the show (Ken?) was excellent. He obviously loved his country and it's impressive history.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank GingeyNB
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a good visit”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The person we dealt with was rude and should have nothing to do with the tourist industry. I will not be recommending to anyone. this is a disgrace to Scotland.
The receptionist who took our booking was lovely and offered us several booking times on a particular day. She said they only had 1 display that day at 4pm so we booked. Within an hour of booking this very ignorant (non Scottish) man phoned me to cancel saying there was no times we could visit that day or the next. I called his bluff and asked about booking the following week. He told me he had no idea where he would be the following week and couldn't take our booking then either. I told him what the receptionist said and he said and i quote "she doesn't know she only works here 2 days a week"
Can I just add that the group I was taking were a group of adults with learning difficulties which I mentioned when booking!

Visited June 2011