“A really great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 29 Fort Augustus B&B and Inns
Rhondda, Wales, United Kingdom
“A really great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I found this B&B by chance, having not booked any accommodation for my trip around the Highlands (I had a sleeping bag in the car, just in case...). Luckily there was a room available here, and I’m very glad I was able to stay.
The B&B is run by Sheila and Andy, who had taken over the place only a few months before. Since that time they had carried out a full refurbishment, with new carpets and decoration throughout. My bedroom was very nice: warm, spacious, with a comfortable bed and en suite facilities (and cake!). The building itself is quite unusual, being the former home of the manager of the adjoining bank (which is still open for a few days per week), and as a consequence the place seemed a “cut above” the usual B&B.
The breakfasts were great. Sheila made sure I had plenty to eat, and really went out of her way to make sure I enjoyed the food – not particularly easy, given my non-pig diet. Both Sheila and Andy couldn’t have been more helpful, giving me tips on where else I could stay on my trip home, which proved very useful.
The Caledonian Canal and Loch Ness are both nearby, as are a number of pubs, shops and a post office with cash point. All in all, Fort Augustus, and Bank House, will provide everything you need for a great time. Perhaps the greatest indication of my appreciation of this place is that I chose to stay a second night after my arrival, and I stayed once again on my way down from the north – and I’ll definitely return!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Sheila b, Owner at Bank House B&B, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
It was a real pleasure to meet you and we were thrilled that you stayed an extra night on your way back home. The weather in February can be dark and cold so we tried hard to make Bank House a warm and welcoming place to visit.
Special diets are no problem, especially if you make us aware on check in. With a little notice we can usually offer a couple of choices for breakfast. It was a pleasure to cook kedgeree and kippers for you which are now a regular feature of the daily menu choice.
We were glad to hear that you had arrived safely back in Wales despite the snowy road conditions. We look forward to meeting you again if you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Augustus
#2 of 10 in Fort Augustus
Kettle House B&B
Kettle House B&B
#1 of 29 in Fort Augustus

Been to Bank House B&B? Share your experiences!