1,334 results
All reviewswet roomcookiesloch nessthe main hotellovely hotelstation roadunderfloor heatingfine diningopen firelarge bathroomlovely touchfood was amazingboth nightslittle toucheslovely roomcaledonian canala lovely stay
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My partner and l stayed for the weekend at this hotel for our first time in Loch Ness. From the moment we entered the hotel we were made to feel very welcome and at ease. We stayed in a newly built selfcontained room which was lovely as you had your own parking space outside your door, underfloor heating, and good sized wetroom/bathroom. The service was great, the staff were very friendly and approachable, the food fantasic and the bar woman made a fab cocktail!! The location is another plus point for this hotel, boat tours of the Loch are just minutes away. Would highly reccomended this hotel to anyone and will definately be back in the summer.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

We spent a lovely relaxing weekend at The Lovat this month. We were given a room upgrade on our arrival, the room was warm and extremely comfortable, with every need catered for. It was difficult to drag ourselves out to explore the area, but in spite of the winter weather we enjoyed some nice walks around Fort Augustus and down Glen Affric, returning in the evenings to enjoy a shower or a bath in the luxury bathroom, followed by the welcoming fires in the lounge and the dining room and two really excellent meals. The croissant bread and butter pudding was a personal favourite which I would recommend leaving some room for! The staff were friendly, helpful, and professional - just the right balance, so we felt right at home.

I would thoroughly recommend The Lovat, and hope it won't be too long before we can return. I'll be keeping my eye on the special offers on the website to look for another good value offer.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

This was the 3rd time we have stayed at The Lovat and each time just get's better and better. You feel right at home from the moment you walk in the door until the time you leave.
The staff can't do enough for you throughout your stay. The food is always top notch and served with a smile.
Why this hotel isn't a 4* hotel is a mystery to me? I have stayed in many 4* hotels over the years and many of them don't come near to the quality and service you get at The Lovat.
It certainly won't be long before we return.....Thanks again for our lovely stay.

Reviewed January 24, 2010

The Lovat Arms Hotel in Fort Augustus is an updated version of a classic Scottish house hotel. It stands prominently, overlooking Loch Ness, five minutes stroll from the centre of Fort Augustus. The owners have managed to keep the loveliest features like the log fireplaces, Victorian doors and stone walls, while including lots of great modern features, like a comfortable, well-stocked bar and high spec bathrooms.

My girlfriend and I fell in love with this hotel.

We arrived in pouring rain, on foot. The lady who checked us in took us to our room (one of the six or so outside in the old stable block) and gave us a big umbrella. The room was very tastefully decorated: lovely old stone walls, but lots of modern features, like a wall-mounted flat-screen TV, excellent bed and a heated floor in the lovely bathroom. We felt very much at home and comfortable. There was a booklet explaining how things worked in the hotel and all about its bar and restaurants. The book also told the story of how the owners bought and renovated it.

We had a dram in the bar while our boots dried by the log fire. We ate in the posher restaurant (I think there were two restaurants and a bar) and indulged ourselves with the six course fine-dining option. This was our 'holiday treat' and was worth every penny.

This hotel has real charm and the rooms are exquisite and tasteful. A brilliant creation. We are just looking for an excuse to go back now...

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I don't quite know where to start with this review. I have so many good things to say about The Lovat!
Firstly, myself & my partner didn't pre-book this hotel, we had booked into a different one in Fort William, stayed one night and knew we had to find a better one! What a relief to find The Lovat in Fort Augustus!!!
From the moment we walked in the door, we were made to feel welcome. Our stay was meant to be for 2 nights but we just couldn't leave! ended up staying for 4 nights till we absolutely had to get home :( however, have already booked to revisit in a few months!
Everything was perfect, from the hotel, location, rooms, staff (especially the staff, to name a few.... Ailsa, Kerri & Rupert! - thank you guys for the most wonderful stay)
Nothing is too much to ask of the staff, they always had welcoming smiles no matter what time day or night, and quite honestly couldn't do enough to make our stay wonderful. Can't wait to visit again!!
This was the most relaxing break we have ever had!!