We stayed at the Lovat just for a quick overnight stop on the way to Inverness.
What a lovely surprise. The hotel is quite plush with lovely, well-appointed rooms.
Service was excellent with friendly helpful staff.
The restaurant was very good and the bar service was also exemplary.
Fort Augustus is a very nice little town at the southern point of Loch Ness and an ideal spot for a short stop when driving from the Western Isles or Glasgow.
The Lovat is well worth a stop. We really enjoyed our evening there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian property that delicately balances tradition & contemporary. The dedicated team has a drive & passion to deliver an outstanding visitor experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lovat, Loch Ness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Hotel Fort Augustus
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Fort Augustus, Scotland