We didn't quite know what to make of The Lovat as, on its website, it looks like a historic hotel, and yet its branding is very modern - as other reviewers have said, it has an identity problem. In reality, it feels as though it is a traditional hotel in a convenient, if not terribly picturesque, location which has recently had a makeover which has resulted in luxurious rooms and bathrooms, has preserved the character of the public spaces, but has a bolted on bistro in a style which jars with the rest of the building and which looks out over the car park. And the pink and black logo is just strange. However, none of this really detracts from the pleasure of staying at The Lovat. The focus on comfort, service, food and the environment were excellent. Our room was large, spacious and comfortable with lots of nice touches. The food was particularly good, very inspiring, creative, technically impressive, fresh and delicious - by far the best meal that we ate while we toured Scotland. I would have loved to have tried many of the meals on the menu but sadly we were only there for one night. I would happily make a detour here in future for the food. Service wasn't always slick, but was all the better for that. Our waiters and waitresses were diligent, polite and friendly and made the evening a real pleasure. We were also hugely impressed with their commitment to minimising their impact on the environment - very admirable, and I only wish other hotels went to such trouble. Overall, we had a lovely stay and I would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian property that delicately balances tradition & contemporary. The dedicated team has a drive & passion to deliver an outstanding visitor experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lovat, Loch Ness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Hotel Fort Augustus
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Fort Augustus, Scotland