For us, this hotel experience has to really be about the hotel restaurant which is of extraordinary quality and deserves at least one Michelin Star for the creativity and quality of the food. Chef Sean Kelly trained under Albert Roux is is obviously trying to prove himself and being given the space and resources to do so. We have recently eaten in The Fat Duck, Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons and Andrew Fairlie in Gleneagles and this restaurant is right up there with these guys - with the added bonus that the menu changes every day! Fixed price only £45 per head.
I can't recommend it strongly enough and you should get booking before this place hits the guide books and you will simply have to join the queue.
Oh, and (apart from hard pillows!) the hotel is pretty decent too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian property that delicately balances tradition & contemporary. The dedicated team has a drive & passion to deliver an outstanding visitor experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Lovat, Loch Ness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Hotel Fort Augustus
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Fort Augustus, Scotland