Taken as a Birthday treat by my husband ! We both had a lovely time. We were given a very warm welcome and this friendly professionalism was shown by everyone we were in contact with and created a wonderful atmosphere in the hotel.
Our room was spacious and our bed was very comfortable both bedroom and bathroom was very clean and well presented. The rooms were warm and comfortable.
It is the food at the lovat that was very special, it was delicious and well presented and service in the restaurant was excellent, I enjoyed risotto, mussels, salmon and tortellini and each dish was prepared to perfection, and tasted delicious. Vast wine selection and bar menu complemented the dishes.
We stayed two evenings and choose to eat in the hotel both nights and one very slight point would be the menu was very similar on both evenings. However the staff were very particular in that they would cater to any dietary requirements and this offer was made too at the time of booking.
I loved the fact this wonderful hotel had an Eco ethos. I feel privileged to have stayed at the hotel and truly hope to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian property that delicately balances tradition & contemporary. The dedicated team has a drive & passion to deliver an outstanding visitor experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The Lovat, Loch Ness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Hotel Fort Augustus
- The Lovat, Loch Ness Fort Augustus, Scotland