1,330 results
All reviewswet roomcookiesloch nessthe main hotellovely hotelstation roadunderfloor heatingfine diningopen firelarge bathroomlovely touchfood was amazingboth nightslittle toucheslovely roomcaledonian canala lovely stay
Reviewed December 10, 2012

There was something about the sign & decor on the many times I have passed this hotel that gave me a less than positive impression. I was wrong, on staying here I was very impressed. It was off season but the hotel was warm and welcoming. I stayed in the motel style rooms outside, they were comfortable, modern and well equipped. Definitely a good option in a lovely area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel. It is located up on a hill overlooking the small town of Fort Augustus, which is set on the Western side of Loch Ness. The grounds are well kept with a large grass area out front, which was great for our 1.5 yr old son to run around and play. The hotel itself is in a great old building that has some great features such as a lovely sitting room complete with a blazing log fire and a multitude of magazines to pass the time. Also has a well stocked bar and a great kitchen which served delicious meals. Our son really enjoyed the fish tank as well.

The room was well appointed and had everything we required. The ensure in our room had a bath and a shower which was nice for our son to take his nightly bath but gave us the luxury of a large shower. The king bed was ultra comfortable.

There is a lift in the hotel that has been put in, which was a bonus, since the building is quite old.

The staff were very nice and very helpful. At dinner every night (we ate here each night is out stay as the first night was so good, we couldn't bring ourselves to go anywhere else), that had a child's menu and a small kit of things for our son to keep entertained.

We asked for a late check out and were informed that it would be a charge of 30£, which was fine with us as it gave our son time for his mid day nap.

If we ever find ourselves around Fort Augustus again, I would definitely stay again at the Lovat.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012

after all the search ive gone throught to find the right place for a proposal i end up with choosing this hotel THE LOV AT LOCH NESS. i'm absolutly speechless...the best time i ever had, the shower was better than any other hotel i stayed at, the place,the room,the bed,the pillows,the smell and the play room with the piano downstairs was beautifuly executed. the quiteness i found up there was amazing, and how can i forget the food!! as a chef who worked for john torode for years and mark hix its hard for me to not like the food and say nothing but unfortunatly i had nothing to say hehe it was delicious. the curied sweet potato soup was perfectly blended,the main was excelent,risoto and salmon w spring onion well cooked and crunchy! my favorite desert sticky toffee puding and vanila ice cream in a crispy pate sucree rumkin, theres no better. welldone chef, the embarassing part is yet to come when i had to propose to my girl lol i been offered a free bottle of shampagne right after and we wer delighted with the waiter, i can not forget the recitionist,shes been very helpful,the breakfast staff whom had the smile in ther faces at all times even though they had to deal with none educated old couple who thought that they owe the place treating the waitress and the waiter from zimbabwe like a piece a trash. they nearly regreted the day they wer born if it wasnt the hands of my girl on mine to calm me down. after all that both kept smiling and i give u both credit for it. welldone...the funny part is when the house keeper gave me such a fright in the morning when she jumped of her cabinet and screamed CONGRATULAIOOOOOOOON LOL that was so nice of u thank you, u made me laugh all morning thank you again. thank you all for the best experience i ever had and i can not wait to spread the word, thank you...

Looking forward to seeing you again

Sifedine

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blue-world-tonic
Reviewed December 2, 2012

4 of us plus a wee dog recently had a 2night stay at the Lovat. We stayed in the studios which meant we parked at the door and had just to lift our luggage from the car into our own front door, no hassle. Our dog was greeted with his own bowls and a dog chew, so he was well pleased. We ate there each evening and the food was superb. However the main reason for writing this review is that the staff and the welcome were exceptional. One of the party has various food intolerances and this was accommodated without any fuss and the staff remembered the various preferences and they were on the table the next meal without having to repeat anything. Very impressive. The barman, had dry humour and created a really welcoming atmosphere.
A fabulous visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay. Greeted by fabulous staff and a warm fire. Fantastic dinner! Fresh cookies given as we checked out. What more does anyone need? Warm n cozy bed.... I wanted to take the duvet with me. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012