1,332 results
All reviewswet roomcookiesloch nessthe main hotellovely hotelstation roadunderfloor heatingfine diningopen firelarge bathroomlovely touchfood was amazingboth nightslittle toucheslovely roomcaledonian canala lovely stay
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at the Lovate in August, We found the staff to be very friendly and helpfull, our room was superb with lovely views and the standard of cleanliness was excellent. The full Scottish breakfast is not to be missed the brasseri menu gave us a superb choice and proved to be delicious. As this was our first visit to the Highlands we found the staff very willing to offer us advice on places to visit we found this very helpfull when planning our days out.We hope to return to the Lovat next year to continue our memorable Highland experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently spent part of our honeymoon at this wonderfully luxurious hotel overlooking Loch Ness. We arrived late in the evening and were very warmly welcomed by all available staff. We were shown to our room promptly and were blown away by the honeymoon suite - it was beautiful and very well furnished. The bed was absolutely huge and very comfortable - we both slept soundly during our visit. The bathroom was spectacular with a double walk in shower and a huge Victorian rolltop bath tub. There were also double sinks, a wall mounted hair dryer and a TV!
The antique wardrobe within the suite was beautiful, as was the huge ornate bed stead.
The hotel's restaurant was open on the night we arrived and we had the six course dinner which was exquisite - the chef is a culinary genius! Each course was hand crafted to resemble miniature meals, including a full English breakfast and a coffee interlude! The food was absolutely delicious and the service was impeccable throughout.
During our stay we became very familiar with the small, friendly staff who provide a very personal service and we spent one evening having a very enjoyable conversation about European travel with the sommelier.
When we awoke after our first night we were blown away by the breathtaking views of the Loch and surrounding area from our bedroom window, which we had missed as we had arrived late in the evening. Loch Ness is a mere 3 minute's walk from the hotel and is stunningly beautiful in the Autumn sunlight.
We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay at The Lovat and were incredibly sad to leave. We will definitely be returning many times! Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in the honeymoon suite, which was incredible and very good value. The hotel has external suites located to the left of the car park for more privacy. Ask for a room with a view of Loch Ness!!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were travelling up west coast and decided to stop off for one night.Because we had two dogs we were put into room 31.Room was clean,well presented with all that was required.Under floor heating in a medium budget hotel a bit of a surprise(the dogs loved it).
Used the restaurant in the hotel and I have to say it compared well with some of the better restaurants in Glasgow. Good varied choice well priced and really well presented.Nice staff with just the right amount of attention.
The lounge with the roaring log fire was great ,superb place to chill out in.Staff were happy to let you feed the fire (within reason)

Breakfast.was probably the best I have had in the UK.Take the full Scottish,no grease on any of the eggs,bacon or sausage. Wonderful .........

Checkout was laid-back,and then a couple of cookies given to you to nibble on.
I have stayed in a lot of hotels that could do with taking lessons from The Lovat..

Would be good for a romantic stay.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff and tell/ask for what you want.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Spent a lovely weekend with the wife at The Lovat and have nothing bad to say about it. The room was very clean, there was a tv in the bathroom and the bed was huge.
We dined in the brasserie for the first night and the food was excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone and should we re-visit Loch Ness, then this is where we'll stay.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had a great 2 night stay here at the Lovat on our trip from Oz showing our Grandson some of his Heritage. Everything about the Lovat was cosy. My Husband and I are well world travelled and we both agree that the food and presentation is one of the best we have seen for a long time for such an establishment! So our compliments to the chef! The owner 8 think called Caroline works her butt off a very enthusiastic person!!!! Incase Management from the Lovat do read this, can I suggest, that, although the you g lady on the front reception desk appears very professional in her mannerisms .... Being pleasant and more approachable I feel would be more advisable for this position!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CeeGee1, Owner at The Lovat, Loch Ness, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor, it is greatly appreciated.

I will pass on your compliments to the Chef and have also noted your mention of me! Can I ask what the girl on reception looked like? We get so many comments on the friendliness of our team so I would like to get a better understanding of who the person may be and seek an explanation.