“Thrilling and Informative”
Review of Cruise Loch Ness

Cruise Loch Ness
More attraction details
Owner description: Day & Evening Tours - Exhilarating RIB Trips - Scenic Cruises - Loch Ness Transfers - Private Hire & Weddings - On the Worlds most famous Loch
Glendale, California
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 303 helpful votes
“Thrilling and Informative”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I took a thirty min ( approximate) rib tour of Loch Ness late in the afternoon last September. We arrived without having pre-booked and had our choice of either the rib or a slower double-decker boat. We asked the opinion of the staff and they all said that the rib was a lot more fun. I'm glad that we did it!

They suited us up with life jackets and protective eye goggles. Admittedly, I was afraid of getting wet. It was a cold day (I'm from Los Angeles and can't handle cold!) and I didn't want to be wet too. I hardly got anything more than a few drops on me. It was great.

The ride is very bumpy and feels fast. It's an adrenaline rush.

Several times, our guide stopped to point out things and to tell us about the loch. I felt like he gave us a ton of information and presented it in an interesting manner. We went to the Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition the following day and we had already gotten all of the info on this tour. He did a great job.

I wish that we had planned it in advance and gone on the longer- 1/2 day rib tour. It was so much fun, that I didn't want the tour to end. Do the longer tour, you won't regret it.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

Visited September 2013

115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“very informative”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Staff very kind and happy to help.

Great opportunity to learn about the loch and adjacent rocks. Very few tourists so no run for a better place by the window.

Elgin, Scotland, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“On The Rib”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a great trip on the rib. Brilliant fun. Beautiful cruise boats as well. Great staff and excellent service. Highly recommended.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fantastic fun!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I celebrated my 50th birthday by taking a 90 minute RIB boat trip. I am from Colorado (land-locked and very dry) so I have little experience with boats and water. Marcus was so friendly and helpful that I only had a moment or two of nervousness at the beginning of the trip and was quite comfortable thereafter.

The speed and the water and the beauty of the Loch was exhilarating and stunning. Marcus was incredibly fun and informative. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone.

Portree, Scotland, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Craic and great views (Even a Nessie Sighting!)”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have been on these cruises a few times and the fact that we keep going back must tell you that we enjoy them!
The boats have been refurbished this year and are very comfortable and "user" friendly! The crew are helpful and friendly and will answer any questions they can on a huge variety of topics! :) The talk on the sonar equipment is funny and informative. We learn something new every time!
They also do RIB cruises (speed boats) which I will persuade my husband to go on and then I'll review it too! Hopefully :)