“No problem”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was a little put off by going here after reading some of the other reviews, but after eating at The Bothy we thought it couldn't have been any worse. We were very pleasantly surprised and I'm quite fussy. The atmosphere was friendly and although the staff appeared very very busy we got a fab meal and enjoyed a drink. I had a salad and I know some of you will think there's not much that can go wrong, but I find salads very hit or miss everywhere, I'd thoroughly recommend this one. Hubby had fish and chips and as has been said before food was hot, portion large and it was tasty. I'd go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having read some of the reviews I though I better correct some of the lies people have put on about it
First of all this is a pub that serves pub grub not a fancy restaurant
Having been working in the area for two year this is a excellent place to eat after a days work
Quality of food is good and the portions are large never had a small meal in loch inn
Think the fish supper should be renamed the whale supper very large fish you get
Prices are average for area but when you see what you get you'll think that was well worth it
Good pub ,good food ,good banter with the staff all in all a enjoyable evening

Reviewed October 6, 2012

oh my gosh......what a hidden gem. we only popped in for a coffee and were so impressed with what we saw we came back that evening. we were not disappointed. we were welcomed in by the land lady, the place felt relaxed like we had been there a thousand times. the food was fantastic, filling and in my opinion worth every penny. i had to compliment them on doing the "best steak pie i have ever had" if you are looking for excellent, filling, nicely priced pub food then The Lock Inn is the highlands best kept secret. going back tomorrow.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I went here with my wife a couple of years ago and noticed what a grumpy git the owner was. I went back recently and he was even worse. Maybe he just doesn't like English people. It's a pity as we found everyone else we met in The Highlands to be lovely.

1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed September 24, 2012

i dont usually write reviews, but as a chef to trade, i was appalled,the waiters were taking food to all the wrong tables,the food really was something else,i think it was thrown on to the plate,the chips reheated and burnt,only half my steak was edible,the specials board had one thing on it,and most of the menu wasn't available,just a general feeling of chaos seemed to surround the place,the price of food was a rip off,vastly overpriced, STAY AWAY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank jaker1972