“Old Pier House - fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Pier House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Augustus
Old Pier House
Ranked #9 of 29 Fort Augustus B&B and Inns
London
“Old Pier House - fantastic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Old Pier House is situated in a fantastic location right by the banks of Loch Ness - about 1/2 mile away from the main part of Fort Augustus. I actually stayed in the log cabin next to the main house and found the amenities here more than acceptable.
Breakfast, although not the best I had on my tour of the highlands, was still good. I would recommend the Old Pier simply for its location alone but I enjoyed my short stay overall...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DukeofMilan

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

2 Things are impressed in my mind about my recent vacation in scotland,the gorgeus night I've spent at the old pier,the closest b&b to the lake in a incredible location between the forest and the private little beach of the old pier that is still there, and the owner, an old lady so kind,sweet and nice who gave me and my friend an unforgetable day! you will love it

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank veronica b
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

myself and my partner stayed here last weekend and we loved every minute of it. jenny was a lovely woman she couldnt do enough for us and all the ladies who worked there were nice and friendly to.

on the friday we stayed in room 1 which is a double en suite room with loch view. cute room with everything we needed it warmed up quick when we put the radiator on. the shower was hot and powerful.

we had a cuddle beside the log fire it was lovely and peaceful.

on the saturday we camped on the land at the side of the house. my first time camping it was a funny experiance. there was shower and toilet facilities available.

on the sunday we stayed in a log cabin, it was lovely we were so happy with it we loved it. i was so happy to be able to have a bath after a nights camping. the views from the bedroom window were amazing. we woke up to lovely views of loch ness.

the views were amazing from all angles, it was so quiet the only thing we could hear was the birds tweeting. we were so close to loch ness we couldnt have picked a better place and i know for a fact we will return and stay here again we didnt want to leave.

thank you jenny for your hospitality we will see you again there is no doubt about it.
johanna and spencer xx

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holidaylover082
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My partner and I were driving around Invermoriston from Skye looking for a place to stay at around 7pm, most B&Bs were full by then and we saw the Old Pier House's sign and decided to see if they had availability.

There is a drive in and gosh, what an amazing surprise! We found a house right next to the Loch, parked the car and Jenny was out in the garden playing with her cat. We asked if they had any rooms for the night and unfortunately the house was full. However she offered us a 2 people cabin for £75 and we were interested and decided to go see it. It was adorable but it was our last night of the trip and I had really wanted to stay in a place which had a view to the water. Jenny then explained she indeed had another cabin which was bigger than what we needed - a five people cabin for £100.

We went to see it and I immediately fell in love with it. the lodge was right next to the water and had its own parking space, a garden with a picnic table, a double room that faces the Loch and a triple room that has a restricted view of the water, a kitchen faces the garden and water and a lovely cosy living room. We then decided to treat ourselves to this cabin and paid in cash.

We made dinner and ate in the garden and watched sunset on a beautiful day. Though we found the cabin could have been cleaner, the floor was dusty and a bit dirty, the bathroom was getting mouldy and the kitchen can do with a little bit of upgrading.

The breakfast did not have a wide spread of choices but you definitely won't be hungry afterwards. We rented a canoe for £10 for half a day the next morning and thoroughly enjoyed the last day of our road trip.

All in all, I would definitely come back and cannot wait for our next trip to Old Pier House. The location is truly stunning and you can't be any closer to Loch Ness.

Room Tip: The two larger cabins have stunning views to the Loch.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilpinkcupcakes
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well I cant fault the hotel location looks amazing, however i didnt even get past the booking due to the biggit minded female who offered me a price and then made me feel uncomfortable due to the fact im gay, with this she then raised the price of the room. If its a small minded/prejudice enviroment to visit then this is the place for you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank stephan w
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our stay at the Old Pier House was both pleasant and interesting. We were welcomed by Jenny and her two dogs and three horses who are free to roam the grounds right on the edge of Loch Ness. Our room was cozy and breakfast was plentiful. We enjoyed the lounge before a crackling fire and Jenny gave us great advise about the Boat House restaraunt. Ideal location. Dennis and Lynn Parsons

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dap1206
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

On another trip to Fort Augustus (a must on a tour through the highlands). I usually camp but this time I arrived I actually didn't fancy fighting off the midgies (nightmare during July/August) so I randomly spotted a B&B sign which I hadn't noticed before, so we tried on the off change.

At first I was extremely warey as it was a track that went off road but once through the tree area it was a stunning surprise. I have visited Fort Augustus time and time again and I have never seen a spot right on the loch.

The B&B itself is very simple and basic, if you are into 'boutique' style B&B's you won't like this place. If you are into being in an untouched place where you have views which take your breath away especially with the right sunset then this is your place.

Practical information -
Beds - great, comfortable and a good sleep.
Shower, fantastic (surprisingly one of the best showers ever for a B&B!).
Food - great, simple, clean and just what is required for the morning.
Price, good and especially the fact that it was their last twin room but allowed myself and two kids have it, they offered a blow up bed to allow us to fit in. Sitting area for guests - lovely, cosey and a real family home feel to it.
Owners and staff - very friendly and welcoming.

I loved this place as it is simple, honest and a stunning location. I would recommend this at any time of the year as the views change rapidly. I actually want to go back and book out one of the lodges during the winter when it has snowed (lodge is other options offered)

Room Tip: Sorry, can't advise on rooms other than the twin room which was perfect for a quick stop off. S...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 10 in Fort Augustus
Highland Club Scotland
Highland Club Scotland
#2 of 10 in Fort Augustus

Been to Old Pier House? Share your experiences!