“Great food & magnificent view combined”

The Boathouse Lochside Restaurant
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy lunch, dinner or just a drink at The Boathouse Restaurant on the shores of Loch Ness. Open everyday all day 11am - 9pm. Outdoor seating.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I totally liked the placement of this restaurant, just by the Canal and with an incredible view to Loch Ness. Great choice of food and brews as well to help relax after a long trip to the Highlands.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Very over priced for standard of food. Seems that they are riding on the fact that they are in this location. Mix up with order and manager immediately jumped in with defensive attitude. Cannot recommend this place .

3  Thank stardust74
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Walking along the path to The Boathouse we were amazed with the views, the building itself is a lovely wooden structure and we were served by a very friendly young lady.
The menu is good and as it was midday we decided to opt for a light lunch, the ham salad was a big disappointment with the ham looking like cheap packet ham. The waiter did ask was there a problem and when we pointed out that the ham was not good quality he did not charge for the salad. The ham & cheese panini was pretty average but our grand-daughter's fish & chips was very good, it looked like that was the best option by far for lunch.
Sadly the food did not meet our expectations which is a shame as the location is just perfect, maybe we just called on a bad day.

1  Thank marym062
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A fabulous lunch by a window which looked out north upon Loch Ness...what more can I say? Although the day had been mostly sunny, a bit of rain fell while I was awaiting my meal. I watched as the low rainclouds rolled from the west over the mountains and across the Loch. A gentle mist rolled in as the squall drenched the waves before departing east back over the mountains. No words, no pictures can describe the experience, all from my window seat at the Boathouse. My lunch was prepared exactly as I had ordered it and was served by the most courteous of staff. If you ever find yourself in Fort Augustus, you must have a meal at The Boathouse Lochside restaurant!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

What sets this apart for me was the lovely location on the shores of Loch Ness and the friendly and effecient staff - add to this great food, one or two turkish style dishes and you have a thoroughly enjoyable dining expereince. There is a warmth about this place that made you feel very welcome. Must be a wonderful place in the height of summer.