“great helper in manchester”

Holiday Inn Express Manchester
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Cherry Valley, Illinois
“great helper in manchester”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

i was coming in about 7: pm and realy tired from driving all day. Alexandra had such a smile on her face. and was so helpfull. I was just revitalized by her. great service. and helpfull in a time when I was so tired. Leon Seebruck

Room Tip: I did not check out the room's.. just wanted to sleep. but it was quiet and iI got good rest
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mary Y, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff member Miss Alexandria. She is definitely an asset to our team and she lights up any room she enters. Alexandria is dedicated to service which fits right in with our hotels reason for exisiting which is our guests, We try to treat everyone as a family member, and it seems we met and exceeded our goal this time. We look forward to your next visit with us in Manchester! Thanks so much for your feedback as it helps us continue to strive for greatness.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a nice surprise after a long travel day. We had a room at the end of the hallway, very clean and comfortable beds. They were repaving the front parking area, but it didn't cause any problems. Just stayed for one night- very easy on and off the interstate, with a Starbucks right next door that had a drive through. Although the breakfast was just fine at the hotel, too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 25, 2012

In order to tour some of the state parks of Tennessee, we needed a "mid point" to stay and launch some photo oppotunities. the Holiday Inn Express in Manchester fit the needs perfectly. I had no issues in the room, with the phone, tv or internet. They all worked great. I would stay there again any time!

Room Tip: We loved staying on the gound floor, as we usually have to find the elevator and wait for one to sho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New River, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The facility and room were clean. The front desk was friendly and efficient. Two complaints - the pool was not open. Brad said "it was that time of year" , it was Labor Day weekend and after a hot eight hour motorcycle ride, the pool was badly missed.
The room AC groaned when it ran, loud enough that I turned up the temperature control to reduce the amount of time the unit ran.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear jons1133,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I'm glad you found our facilities and rooms clean and our front desk staff friendly and efficient. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the pool and the air conditioner. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We just arrived and was early, We were able to check in early., The guy and girl at the front desk were so nice and friendly. Check in was a breeze. The hotel is so clean and the beds so nice. We got a suite with a jazzui tub and it is so relaxing. The pool and hot tub are very clean. the rooms are big and spacious and internet fast.
We come here for business and pleausre quite frequently as my husband's job takes him here often. We last stayed in Murfreesboro Tn Holiday Inn Express and was not impressed at at all. The rooms were not as nice. The staff was not friendly at all. Needless to say we changed hotels after a day or two We have a son and there was drinking by the pool area by a huge group of people. The staff's children had life devices in the pool and nothing was done about it. They were older than my eight year old son, so we couldn't swim. I do not wish him to be around that kind of atmosphere. When we came back up from swimming one afternoon the bathroom was flooded and my hot iron got ruined. If you do go swimming, go early because the sun is gone soon even though it was over a hundred the week we stayed in TN, the pool was shaded and the hotel covered the pool and air and wind hit the pool, not making it pleasant.. Pick another hotel. There was one plus. Laundry machines to do laundry. We ended up going to the double tree hotel by hilton and thought it was an upgrade,which it was from HIE but the Holiday INN Express in Manchester is so much nicer. The pull out bed at the Double Tree by hilton was hard and the blankets and one pillow was awful. The blankets felt like sandpaper.We stayed in a suite and the decor was old and carpet nasty. There were many ladies of the evening coming to the hotel and I am sure the front desk knew it. A couple of regulars hung out on the couches in lobby til late at night. I am surprised at a family hotel. Did not feel safe to go outside. The only plus there was their awesome pool with a tunnel to the outside. I will never stay there again. We ordered room service to the tune of over 80.00 plus tip and the food was cold and horrible. Will never stay there again.

Only thing I would change about this hotel maybe look into their pool. This is by far one of my favorite hotels that we have stayed in lately. We will stay here more, everytime we have to come to TN or vacation. The guest service desk are so helpful and nice. You will be pleasantly surprised at this hotel and how the rooms are so clean and well kept.
Thank you so much for the start of a perfect vacation/business trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone not far from major cities, nice and quiet and friendly.

NR July 12th, 2012

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in suite and with a jacuzzi. Very nice and very spacious. Comfortabl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Deanna S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback!
We do strive as a team to make each guest feel as if they were at home. Sounds like we did a good job. I will be sure to share with the staff your kind words!
Please come by and see us again if you are in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I just had a WONDERFUL experience with the staff at this locatin. I am coming in from out of town for a wedding in less than a month. It is 12:45 in the morning and I needed to make the reservation. I was somewhat hesitant because I was not sure the type of service I would be encountering. Let me just tell you all this: Addie, the Night Manager/Auditor was great! She was very empathetic, quick and efficient in her service, and was so pleasent I felt as if I was talking to a friend on the phone. She made me feel at ease about the room and rate I was getting, and I have no reservations about staying a this Holiday Inn. I know this may sound like an odd review, however, I think that sometimes the late/night shift employees don't get much recognition. If I had i my way I would book hotels this late if it meant having customer service like Addie provided to me. She is an excellent representation of the establishment and a great asset to your team. I give her my highest marks/starts/circles Thank you Addie for your outstanding customer service :)

Room Tip: This is less about the room, but a reciew of excellent custmer service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manchester, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
It is not common to receive a review prior to the guest’s arrival, which makes your words stand out even more. I am so glad that Addie was able to offer you the excellent customer service we strive for. She is absolutely an asset to our team! I agree that pm shift employees sometimes get passed up when it comes time for recognition. Please know that your kind words were shared with Addie directly as well as the entire hotel staff. It do hope that we continue to provide you with excellent service during your stay! Safe travels & we will see you soon!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was actually the second time I stayed at this hotel. We stayed the night before Bonnaroo began because it's so much easier to drive the night before and then leave in the morning. The front desk is so awesome at this hotel! Addie had actually seen that I had stayed last year and made sure that my two rooms were right next to each other which was really great! They also made sure that we had everything we needed, ie directions, more towels, etc. The rooms are really clean and very spacious. The beds are also comfortable and the tvs are nice. The breakfast is great too, especially before you leave for a weekend of great music! I will definitely be back again next year!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words! As a team we aim to make people feel at home. Anyone who has come to Manchester, TN during Bonnaroo knows how busy it is all over. Our team welcomes the new masses of travelers with open arms & enjoys this time very much! Addie is a senior member of our team is highly valued. I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you next "Roo".