“Good Hotel for the Budget-Minded”

Ambassador Inn & Luxury Suites
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Knoxville, TN
“Good Hotel for the Budget-Minded”
Reviewed August 21, 2007

The Ambassador Inn is an older, non-big chain hotel. If you are seeking frills and luxury, this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for decent rooms, a quiet stay, easy access to town, and a few extras such as fridges and microwaves, then the Ambassador will suit you well. The employees are friendly and helpful, too. This visit, I was in a regular room with two double beds. The room came with a mini-fridge. Some rooms have microwaves. Suites are available as well, with a full kitchen and separate living room, in an apartment-style complex. The room was clean, the linens were standard hotel-fare but also clean, the pillows were pretty decent, the furniture was dated but in good shape, the outdoor pool is small but felt great in these near-100 degree temps. There is an onsite coin-operated laundry facility. High speed internet connection is available but I didn't travel with my computer so can't attest to its quality. The free breakfast left much to be desired for my son and I, as it was heavy on the pastries, but I heard other guests commenting that they enjoyed the sausage, biscuits and gravy. The only trouble I had during this visit was poor water pressure in the shower, the towels were very thin, flies kept coming into the room whenever the door was opened, and the TV would flicker whenever the fridge fan turned on. Despite being close to the highway, it was pretty quiet and the AC worked well at drowning out noise. For those of you with kids, there is an excellent City-owned recreational facility just down the road that you can pay to use, which includes an outdoor pool playground, indoor pool, raquetball courts, basketball, gym & indoor running track. I recommend this hotel for those seeking a basic but decent stay at an excellent price.

• Liked — Not in a congested area, great price!
  • Disliked — Flies!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank DeeMomma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We left the Chciago area around 3:30 PM and were headed to FL via 57 (better route than 65 in my opinion) We figured we would drive to Nashville, but got a little restless and decided to stop in Manchester. Originally we went to the Hampton Inn, but they were sold out and at a rate of $115 I was glad. While we were in the parking lot, my daughter spotted the Ambassador Inn sign. I said I wanted to try a couple others first, got the AAA book out and called 2 more hotels, also sold out.... Hesitantly I called the Ambassador and they had availability. I then asked is your hotel clean etc, she said it is privately owned and a nice hotel.

When we went and checked in we were happy. Let me just say..book this hotel with confidence. it was around $59 and inlcuded an upgraded cont. breakfast with sausage, biscuits and gravy. The staff was excellent including the older woman helping with the breakfast area.

The room was clean and the beds were very good. Our room was in a separate building with the door facing the highway. A little highway noise but we kept the fan on and didn't hear much else.

I will not hesitate to stay here again. They did have an outdoor pool and a nice deck area to sit with people, but we got in late and did not use it. I think there was a BBQ grill for your use too.

• Liked — Clean, price and great staff!
  • Stayed April 2007
3 Thank JobDr
Atlanta
Reviewed January 1, 2007

We stopped at Ambassador Inn in Manchester, TN on our way back from my brother's funeral. I found a $40 coupon in a travel guide and called about an hour ahead to make reservations. The staff was friendly. The room smelled very clean. The beds were comfortable. The adjoining family restaurant was easy to walk to, reasonably priced and obviously a local favorite considering it was full at 8pm. The lobby was beautifully decorated and had comfortable sofas for sitting and reading or talking.

Breakfast was hot biscuits and gravy with sausage and a variety of breads, french toast, fruit and hot and cold cereals. The service for breakfast was exceptional and the hostess reminded me of my grandmother when I was a child.

• Liked — A clean room with comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Little hard to control water for shower.
  • Tips/Secrets — Travel guides coupons are your friend. Stop at any gas station in Tennessee. Manchester is right between Chatanooga and Nashville.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank pkmom