“Mixed Review”

Shoney's
Pulaski, Tennessee
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The service was great. The restaurant was clean, family friendly and convenient to the interstate. Two of my party ordered food and it was good; however, the third member of our party got the bar and the food was luke warm at best, crutons on salad bar were stale, and salad as a whole wasn't appealing. If we were passing thru again and wanted to order hot items, we would eat here again but not for their salad or hot bar.

• Visited June 2014

Winter Park, Florida
“Pleasant and prompt service”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The menu is extensive, and the service was cheery and prompt, much appreciated at the close of a long day travelling.

Visited December 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“In a hurry? Grow your own food and cook it.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

1 hour wait, food was horrible, staff was worse. Manager could not cared less if customers had a bad meal or not. Half of the sea-food was burnt on the sampler. Chicken was not cooked done on the appetizer sampler.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Shot in the dark”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The place I had in mind was further away than I could get to for my break today so I was just watching the road signs. And with time as an issue I lean towards something with a salad bar or a buffet.

Plenty of room to get a couple of big rig’s in and out so parking was not an issue.The street heads into a residential area so not sure where someone would go if they couldn’t get there rig in and out of here.

I was seated as soon as I walked in, waited on as soon as I got back from checking out the buffet. I did go with the buffet.

I was here at about 2PM on a Sunday so the crowds are gone and the food is no longer turning over as fast. One issue was the turkey ? (I didn’t try it), but it was thinly sliced and the corners were starting to curl like lunch-meat does when it dries. A few other items looked like they were starting to ‘crust,’ from lack of use. And this one had nothing to do with sitting, the meatloaf had a thick burnt crust around the edge.

I did have the meatloaf, I really like meatloaf, and this was good, but I left the crust. The only ‘spread’ I could find was not butter, and the mashed potatoes were not hot enough to melt the spread. Today's soup was potato and it was just not to my liking … taste wise. That does not mean it was bad, I just didn’t care for it. I also tired a couple of other items which I have forgotten and then two trips to the salad bar. Salad bar was all fresh and seemed to be well kept up, I didn’t see any ‘droppings’ from one item into another, so either there are no sloppy eateries in Manchester or someone was staying on top of things.

I expect to be through this area a few more times in the next few months and will likely end up here a time or two again.

• Visited October 2013