“not bad for the price”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Clermont, Florida, United States
“not bad for the price”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I think the room is under constrution some outlits are not covered,there is no fire alarm and the sink had grime in it. The workers were nice. The wifi is great just make sure u get the password from the office at check-in. The pool was closed at our time of vist. It was quite ever one stayed to them selfs. The parking was good it has room to park a trailer. The shell gas station has good food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Angela C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2012

In a town where trucker style motel's are pretty much the only option, this place is on the top end of a bunch of shady dirty motels. Doesn't mean it's a nice hotel by any means, just means it's one of the better choices out of a lot of terrible options.

Pro's:
- Customer service. The guy at the front desk was very nice. He knows what he's working with there, and tries to make the best of it for everyone.
- Location. Right next to Walmart, across the street from O'Charley's (a great pub), and walking distance to a few other restaurants.
- Clean. When staying in motels like these, all you can really ask is that it's clean. Sure everything is old and out dated and worn out, but it's clean. And there were no signs of any bugs.
- Housekeeping lady was really nice and respectful; also did a good job tidying up.

Con's:
- Air conditioner doesn't stay on, which doesn't help in the Tennessee heat.
- Bed was very uncomfortable.
- Pillows are terrible; but Walmart sells them for cheap.
- Sink has exposed water pipes that leak all over the floor directly below the sink.
- The "Free Wifi" only works if you sit right next to the window, and even then it's very weak.

If you're staying on vacation, you will not like this hotel. (Not sure if Manchester is a big vacation destination). If you just need a place to catch some sleep, this place will work in comparison to the other available motels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank baseballguy83
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I guess Super 8 was embarrassed to keep this property, because it's now a Motel 6. They advertised it as a new, cutting edge property on their website. All they did was slop some paint over the filth and stick a Motel 6 sign out front. I was over charged for my room and I didn't get the room I reserved even after being moved to another room. The bathroom was nasty with something (feces, vomit?) splatted on the wall around the toilet. The carpet turned my white socks black. There was a huge crack under the old rickety door and bugs were coming in. The wifi never worked. The bed felt more like box springs and made me itch. Just about the time I was ready to sleep, a fight broke out amongst the drunken loiterers at my front door. Somebody banged my door and slung beer everywhere. Fearing for my safety, I made a dash for my car and left. The town of Manchester needs to declare this place a public nuisance and the health department needs to condem it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank hawkeyes2
Chicago
Reviewed January 11, 2009

My husband and I were driving to the east coast and stopped here as it was on our path. All of the other hotels were already filled for the night in the town of Manchester, TN. It was very late and we did not think we could go wrong with a Super 8. But we did. This one was owned privately. Upon entering the room it looked okay at first, just very dated. After undressing and getting ready for a shower, after walking in the bathroom I was disgusted to see that the bathroom had not even been cleaned. The walls around the toilet were covered with diareaha spray! It was so obvious, not sure how their cleaning staff could have missed it. The bath tub was also dirty. Avoid this place at all costs! Drive to the next town if this is your last resort. Totally dirty and disgusting!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — It was very filthy!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Huskyluvingal
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Don't even think about staying here unless you have a penchant for old, smelly, and bare bones hotels.

It was LATE when I arrived, so I was desparate, many other hotels were sold out. I checked in and was given an upstairs room. I went to the room. Only 1 of the 4 lamps worked. The room was malodorous, both body odor and grunge smells. The bath tub had a greasy (as in black grease) smear along the ledge.

There was not a TV remote (I looked everywhere). I also found a pair of socks (not mine) while I was looking.

The sheet had a hole in it, as did the blanket. The comforter was horribly stained.

And for all this I paid $69! Very over priced, very poor accommodations!

• Liked — Checkout!
  • Disliked — The quality of the room.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank mlbGA
Greene County, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2007

After reading the reviews, I almost canceled our stay here. But in Manchester for TripRewards users, there is not much choice (actually there are no Choice Hotels). We prepared for the worst.
First, we passed up the motel because they did not have their sign turned on. When I checked in there was no one at the front desk, even after I rang the bell several times. I finally called the front desk on my cell phone and the staff member showed up. She was very friendly. She did seem a bit confused because the only information my reservation had was a name and date. Thankfully we were able to get a big enough room for a family of five and was able to redeem our points for it.
We were prepared for the worst but it was better than we expected. The king bed room was big enough for all of us. It was run down with mold. We didn't see any bugs but it was late October. Breakfast was limited to say the least. But we know that breakfast at these places are pretty much non-existent. There was no staff available at check-out.
If you have allergies, you won't want to stay here. My husband's and two kids' allergies went nuts.
We travel the country quite a bit with three young children so we're always looking for good deals and free stays. We don't expect much and we know what to expect. Believe it or not we stayed in worse places but this one was near the bottom. This stay just cements that we will try to avoid Super 8s from now on (expect for the one in Plainfield, IN which is awesome).

• Liked — The room was big.
  • Disliked — Run down accomodations. Aggravated allergies.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Cocoa, FL
Reviewed September 2, 2007

My wife's name for the place says it all. We're pretty easy to please. We traveled for two weeks from Florida to Colorado and back and this is the only place that I definitely would not recommend. Very unclean. The mold in the shower was so bad that we both felt bad the next morning. And my wife is usually not allergic to anything. From our experience and the other reviews, it sounds like they were flooded or have major water distribution problems there.

• Disliked — Mold
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple