“Absolutely do not stay here!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Manchester
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Dixon, IL
“Absolutely do not stay here!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in this Days Inn in mid-October 2012 & am unable still to get a refund for the terrible room I had. No phone, the hookup in the wall was just a hole in the plaster (and it was a handicapped room!) there was mold in the freezer, no coffee pot, just the maker (my friends in another room had the opposite. Was told by the mgr to hold a (plastic!) cup under it! No kleenex, dirty. Having trouble getting refunded. The mgr refuses. Don't go here!

Room Tip: Just don't!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lorraine0227

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2010

You could not pay me to stay here again. My friends and I decided to spend the last night of our Bonnaroo trip here. We first decided to stay one night. When we checked in we realized the place was not worth the $110 we were spending. The room was dirty and everything was falling apart. We called around to find any other available hotel, but because of the musical festival all other hotels were booked. We decided we had to stay there one additional day so we went to the desk to add a day. The front desk clerk told us it would be an additonal $55/day because it was no longer the weekend. We payed for the day. Next morning as we were getting ready to leave to go back to the music fest we stopped at the desk for more towels. They informed us that they could no longer honor the rate of $55/day and we would have to give them another $100 to stay there. We told them we were not going to pay that much for an additional day. They told us that we had 20 minutes to leave because we were already past check out. We talked to the manager who informed us that he had the right to change the rate whenever he wanted. We told him we were going to be late if we had to stay and pack up and then had no where to go that night. He told us it wasn't his problem and that we either needed to give him $100 more dolars or leave in 20 minutes. I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I use to manage a hotel and would never ever think of treating a guest so poorly. Do not waste your money on this hotel!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kurtney64

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

corkcity
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I will never stay here again. The hotel adjoins student halls of residence (actually same building). I was woken at 2.30 a.m. by students partying and when I rang reception they offered to put me me in another room. At 3.00 am I was put in a room at the front of the hotel and eventually got back to sleep. Complaining to reception in the morning was useless and I was told that because I had booked through a third party rather than directly with the hotel, there was nothing much that could be done. Otherwise the hotel was just about ok but really it's not worth the potential hassle.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank kmcork
LaGrange Park, IL
Reviewed June 2, 2009

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I don't know if this was a safe part of town but it certainly didn't seem very safe. It reminded me more of a "rent by the hour" hotel rather than a family friendly hotel. The pool had no water in it and was very dirty. The breakfast area was dirty and the food was stale. The room was very run down. I couldn't wait to get out of there and take a shower to clean off the dirty feeling this hotel left on me!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank katelyn321
Cleveland, TN
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Refused to honor our tax exempt letter because we did not register through the Days Inn in Manchester - We registered through Motels.com and this is the first time we ever had this kind of difficulty registering through Motels.com - Realized when it was all over we were not charged the rate on the confirmation for one room - higher than the first room - Clerk told us that it was the policy of the locally owned (franchised) that they could not honor the exempt letter and gave the impression I was the villan than may cause her to loose her job.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank rdo180
Chicagoan
Reviewed April 18, 2007

We had a room on the 2nd floor that had mildew all over the shower curtain and along the edge of the tub. When you used the toilet it would come up off the floor when you stood up. After complaining to the management, they sent a letter stating that they didn't see any problems in the room...and the black mold on a yellow shower curtain wasn't a big enough clue. Stay away from this franchise operation!

• Liked — Location was great.
  • Disliked — Filthy room with mildew on shower curtains and around tub area.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank WorkingMomInChicago
CARMARTHENSHIRE UK
Reviewed March 21, 2005

Just had one night here in October 2004. It was OK for that but would not have wanted to stay for several days. The room was a bit shabby but clean and overall you got what you paid for. I have stayed in a lot worse. Breakfast was alright. Would I stay there again? Yes if passing through but not a long stay.

1 Thank JBBT