“would stay here again”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
So. Haven MI
“would stay here again”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Stayed here one night and was very happy with the room and the hotel. It was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. Flat screen tv, free internet in rooms,coffee pot, microwave, fridge in room. Bed was comfortable, bathroon large enough with counter space. Small evening reception with beer & chips. Breakfast the usual fast fare waffles- cereal- rolls. total room charge was under $60.00

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This hotel was a Godsend after so many bad experiences! We checked in at 3, after eating at the German restaurant up the street (which was awesome as well!) to find a spotless room with a bed to die for! Huge bathroom compared to others I've seen! Plenty of space! There are 32 in flatscreens w/attatched DVD players in every room! Even the elevator flooring was beautiful! There is a moderately sized indoor heated saltwater pool that my husband and I swam in at one in the morning! How cool is that!?! When we checked in, I asked what time the pool closed and the extremely nice clerk told us that it was 10 for children, but we could go any time we liked! The next morning, the hot breakfast was good as well! All in all, I've decided we're never bothering with anywhere else! We're claiming this hotel as our own!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2010

If you're looking for a nice, clean and quiet place to stay. Then this is it. The staff was outstanding. We had a small dog, they made sure we were on the bottom floor to accommodate our dog. There are also great place around the hotel to eat. The grade for this place A+.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stayed here with my husband, who had a business meeting in the area. We had our dog with us, so we were in need of a clean, pet friendly hotel. I know that is an oxymoron at some places, but this hotel passed the test. They accept larger dogs (up to 50 lbs) which is nice, since a lot of hotels have a weight limit of 15-20 lbs. However, they only offer a limited number of pet friendly rooms, so book early if bringing your pet. Our room had a microwave & mini fridge. Everything was new, nicely decorated, clean, & in working order. Breakfast was typical. Mostly bread items, but decent tasting. No eggs during our stay, but there were biscuits & gravy (no sausage). There's a "manager's reception" during the weekdays. They served beer & nachos. The hotel has a nice heated indoor saltwater pool & a fitness center. Location is convenient to restaurants(the wings place next door is awesome!), supermarket, etc.

My only complainant was the noise. This was by far, the noisiest hotel I've stayed in to date. I'm not sure if I can attribute it to paper thin walls or if it was just noisy. We stayed on the first floor (all pet friendly rooms are on first floor), & the people upstairs sounded like giants everytime they walked across the room. I could hear people talking in the hallway & going in & out of their room from the time we arrived in the early evening, until around 2am. It didn't sound like partiers or anything, just a lot of talking & activity. It started back up around 4am & just got worse as daylight grew closer. By 8am, kids were whining & yelling in the hallway, & maids were singing, slamming doors, etc. beginning at 8 am. If you want peace & quiet, you might want to stay elsewhere. I would stay again, but I'll be sure to bring ear plugs & noise cancelling headphones.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We arrived late in Atlanta and set sail towards Nashville straight away. I've picked Manchester to stay in as I'm a huge soccer fan, and my favorite team is Manchester United of England.

We arrived late and left pretty early so unfortunately we didn't see what this hotel was good for, but I have nothing to complain about at all. The check in process went smoothly, the rooms were spacious and the next day we got some excellent tips on what to see in the town of Manchester.

All in all a very pleasant stay and I can truly recommend this hotel if you need a place to stop alongside the Interstate or if you're in town for the music festival.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2010

When we walked into this hotel, there was a gentleman who I'm assuming was the manager yelling at one of the ladies working the front desk. That is the worst first impression that a owner/manager could make to a guest when they walk into the hotel. In regards to the "Manager's Reception" it's just a happy house with free alcohol, their was a group of people drinking in the reception area and when we got up to the room they just happened to be the group that had the rooms around us. I understand that people are loud when they first get into the room but when they are still going strong at 1AM and the hotel won't handle the issue, its ridiculous. I woke up about 5 times that night which is bad when we had to drive about 12 hours the next day. It wasn't worth the amount of money we paid to be woken up all night to the drunks in the room beside us and when we called the front desk they wouldn't answer the first few times and then just blew it off like it was nothing. It was so bad that we just ended up loading up and starting our drive a few hours earlier (3:00 AM). I will never stay at this hotel ever again. On our drive back we stopped in Manchester again and stayed at the Comfort Suites and they gave us a better rate than the Sleep Inn did. So I would recommend the Comfort Suites over this hotel or any hotel in Manchester any day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reece_W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2010

This is a new hotel and everything about it is nice. This place has probably one of the best beds that we have slept on while traveling. They have a hot breakfest that includeds eggs, waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, bakery and fresh fruit. The front desk personal were friendly and courteous. We pass this way at least twice a year, and we will be back. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachBumsFrom69
TN562, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Thank You for the review! We are almost one year in and are extremely pleased to have our customers still giving us such great response. We will strive to make sure the next time you visit us, we will remain the same.

Tonya Keener