“Great Place to stay for the night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Manchester

Comfort Suites Manchester
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Merrill,WI.
“Great Place to stay for the night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Florida from Wisconsin. We had reserved two rooms based on reviews on Trip Advisor. What we found was spot on this is a real nice hotel. It is far enough off the interstate to be quiet is very clean and the staff is great. Check in and out was fast. The Breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and the beds were nice. The only thing I found that I could say was not right is the in room refrigerator was not on when we came in the room. We had hoped to use it for items we had in our cooler. It did work well once I turned it on and did what we needed it to do I just think it should have been on when we got there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Decatur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here once and liked it so well we stayed again on our way home. A very nice Comfort Suites and in a quiet location. Would recommend for road trips. We get a discount at Choice Hotels and this one was a bargain.

• Stayed May 2013
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Let's say you are traveling from Chicago to Florida. This is a good stopping point for your trip.

My family of 7 knocked off for the night here on our recent journey. From our home in the SE Chicagoland area, it was a good 8-9 hours drive. But once we arrived, the checkin was very fast. We actually reserved two rooms just because we didn't want to hear the kids fighting over who had to sleep on the pullout couch, etc. Beds were comfy and we were refreshed to resume our trip to Florida.

Everything was clean and the free breakfast was adequate - eggs, sausage, cereals, muffins, make your own waffles, etc. The free breakfast alone probably saves me $20 from having to stop at McDs or wherever.

It was super convenient right off of the expressway (I-24). I paid $76 for the night + tax, so the total was like $86 (times two for the two rooms I got, which were adjoining).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to FL. I chose this hotel based on other TA reviews. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. The front desk clerk was not overly friendly. Our room smelled - of what I can't put my finger on - but not good. I found hair in the bed, no exhaust fan in the bathroom which makes it warm with 3 people showing and getting ready. Bed was comfortable and can't beat the location. I've stayed at nicer places for less, but this wasn't horrible.

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent the night here after a long day of driving. The hotel is quite nice - my room was spacious, comfortable, and nicely appointed. The front desk personnel were pleasant, and the available hot breakfast was a nice touch. My only minor complaint is that I could hear voices and a hair dryer from the next room when I wasn't running the AC. One word of caution - there is a hotel nearby with a very similar name that isn't rated as highly on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
McMinnville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Although we had a few minor problems the staff were quick to respond and to make things right. We spent two nights and would certainly return. We were given our room with no charge for one of the nights without our complaining or requesting it. The staff apologized for our inconveniences and insisted on comping one of our nights. Excellent management and staff.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be located away from interstate noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Whiting, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here on our first night's drive to Florida. We stayed based on the reviews from TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Used a coupon from the Travel Rest Stop books so this was a real treat. The two hotel clerks were the most friendly I have ever met and they went way out of their way to help any guest that came in. The beds were very comfortable. The room clean and the breakfast pretty good, standard breakfast fare. The breakfast lady was also very accommodating to her guests.
This will definitey be our hotel to stay at on the way up and down to Florida every year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family