“Clean hotel that's bearable with earplugs”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Dayton, Ohio
“Clean hotel that's bearable with earplugs”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The hotel staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was a bonus, but it didn't make up for the lack of sleep I got at this hotel. If I would have brought earplugs my stay would have been pretty enjoyable. Lots of highway noise.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was hoping to not write this review, but I never heard back from corporate like I was suppose to or get a refund so here goes: I was never able to actually stay here when I visited back in June. We got in late and had reservations booked months in advance for a 3 night stay so didn't think anything of it. As we arrived, we were told by the front desk lady that our reservation had been canceled and someone should have called to notify us (they never did). The lady was very rude and in no way, shape or form tried to help us resolve this problem. She said since "Bonnaroo" (a music festival close by) was taking place, they had canceled rooms because a group of employees from Google wanted to book (and ultimately pay more than the rate we were going to). This place is very remote so there's not a lot of other hotels close by and they were also booked for this festival. We finally got corporate on the phone and all they were able to do was book us at a Super 8 over 30 miles away. (They were able to confirm that they saw we had a confirmation number and were scheduled to stay there but couldn't do anything about it) The rate for the new hotel was twice as high, not to mention the gas money that I was going to use everyday to get back and forth to visit my family. As they requested, when we checked out on the last day, we faxed our gas receipts and the bill of the hotel to them so they could partially reimburse us. We never heard a word from them, even after following up. The customer service and management is poor in all aspects. I will never visit a Super 8 again and hopes this place is shut down.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank KellyFromAtlanta
Manchester, Tennessee
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Well after paying $75 for one night, we expected to have a great stay. There was a 1'' dead bug in the bathroom but really thought nothing of it until i found a dead cockroach as big as my pinky beside the bench in front of our room. The small one in the bathroom could have been a roach too. There was a bad caulking job trying to cover all the mold where the bathtub meets the shower wall and the mold smelled up the bathroom. The room had no refrigerator and about 12 channels on a tube TV

With all the bad, The bed was pretty nice but after the ordeal with the bugs, I was paranoid that they would be in the bed with us.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone that I liked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 5, 2011

OK, as many have said, this is not your typical Hampton Inn. I'd guess it was a Best Western converted to a Hampton. The doors to the rooms are on the outside, and the hotel is a little run-down. The paint in the bathroom was peeling, the hair dryer mount was falling off the wall, and the carpet was in poor condition in a couple of places.

However, the rooms were spacious--I don't know if all the rooms were like this but mine had a front area separate from the bedroom, and had a microfridge and microwave too.

The staff was very friendly. The first day I arrived I discovered the seat of the recliner was completely broken. The next morning I requested a replacement and when I returned at the end of the day it had been taken care of.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Windsor
Reviewed July 19, 2011

When I arrived at this Hampton Inn, I was surprised to see that this was not your typical Hampton Inn Hotel and was more like a motel with outside entry to all rooms. When I arrived at the front Desk, I was greeted by a disheveled manager who told me that my suite was not available due to a hot water tank break down and the room did not have hot water. Sensing my disappointment, he then said, "Well, if you want the suite, that's up to you, but there's no hot water" Sarcastic and unprofessional as far as I was concerned. Being that I am a woman who travels for business, safety is definitely a priority. I was located in the back of the hotel and noticed that there were no cameras located anywhere through out the corridors. This made me feel very unsafe with my surroundings. The phone was not working in my room, there was no movie rentals nor any exercise facilities. When I told the front desk that my phone was not working, the lady behind the desk just laughed...I also feel the room was very sub par. I noticed some small bugs which I was not sure if they were bed bugs or not. I pulled the mattress back and although I did not see any, I still felt uneasy about the room. I did pull the couch out away from the wall and noticed dead bugs, which were beetles and lots of dust and dirt. I was booked in for two nights, but cut my stay short and decided to go to the Comfort Inn and Suites located in Manchester. I always make a point to stay at the Hampton Inns when I travel, but I will definitely make sure that I delve a little deeper next time. I will certainly make sure that this is communicated when I receive my survey.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Having worked in hotel management for years, including Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper at 3, 4 and 5 star hotels, I have found the three most important things in a hotel stay are cleanliness, service and a good bed. To be honest, from the outside appearance (exterior entrances) and lobby, I was uncertain about the quality as it is an older, somewhat worn hotel. As area rooms were filling up and I did not have a reservation, I decided to give it a try but with a full inspection. First off, the lady at check-in was wonderful. Fast, courteous, friendly and professional. OK, that passed. Breakfast area did look outdated, so I was still skeptical. Onto the room. Fresh smell - check. Furnishings - slightly worn. Tissue test - wiped all areas of bath, including toilet base, bath tub and particularly floor behind toilet. Spotless. Carpet edges, seating, sheets - clean. Coffee pot, bottom of iron - all good. On a 100 point system, received 100. Again, furn. had some nicks, bathroom could use some work, but CLEAN! Lastly - the beds were very comfortable, mattresses felt new. Good pillows. LASTLY, I want to mention the breakfast lady...she was FANTASTIC! Friendly cheerful, went out of her way on everything. My granddaughters LOVED her :) Housekeepers also very friendly. Have to give it five stars in spite of appearances only because they got it RIGHT! =) (Stayed in seven 3-4 star hotels over 12 days, all the others were brand new, looked great...but cleanliness was horrid and service from poor to just acceptable.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I've stayed here numerous times over the years on the way to Florida and back. It's what I call a "functional" Hampton Inn. It's only adequate. The price is right, it's well located just off the highway, but if you're expecting anything extra, forget about it. I don't understand the comments about exterior doors, no hallways, as many, many Hamptons such as this one have that feature. The breakfast is adequate, the staff is adequate. Actually, I was able to get upgraded to a large king room this outing so I was satisfied. The heater is a minus as the fan won't turn off and it just runs all night. All and all, it meets average needs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
Ambassador Inn & Luxury Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!