“Not a Great Hampton Stay”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
Texas
“Not a Great Hampton Stay”
Reviewed September 26, 2007

We stayed here one night in September. The bathroom light was out in the first room we were given. Also, the towel rack by the sink was loose on one end. Although we did not ask for it, the hotel receptionist was nice enough to give us an automatic upgrade because there was no one on duty at the time to switch out the light. Someone had dropped something in the sink of the second bathroom because it was cracked at the bottom and the cracks were black. Also, my husband couldn't get the remote control to work at first; and when he turned it over, he saw that the back was missing and someone had taped the batteries in place. We are not fussy people when it comes to accommodations, but this is one Hampton Inn that we will bypass on our next trip through Tennessee. Everything else about the hotel was OK. The room was quiet and the breakfast was fine.

Stayed September 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Crown Point Indiana
Reviewed August 18, 2007

First of all, when we think of a Hampton Inn, we think of a high quality hotel. This property is not a hotel, it is a MOTEL!!! All outside access doors, not what i expected from a Hampton Inn whatsover. After driving for 11 hours, I was not about to try and find another place to stay.

The pool was full of bugs, and no skimmer around to clean them up.

The room was not bad, clean and well kept.

The breakfast was not bad either.

All in all not a horrible experience, just not what I expected from a Hampton Inn.

I would never stay here again, instead I would look for a REAL Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed March 19, 2007

We visit family in the Midwest on a regular basis and this is our hotel of choice for a mid-point stop on the way. We have stayed here multiple times and are consistently happy with the cleanliness of the rooms, the attitude of the staff, the proximity to restaurants (a great Cracker Barrel next door), and price. Our kids love the continental breakfast that is included, which usually has a decent variety for the start to the day. We will continue to make good use of this facility and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others for an overnight stop.

• Stayed August 2006
1 Thank SAHGA
Chicago, IL, USA
Reviewed January 20, 2007

I agree with the former poster about the fact that this property is all exterior doors and thus slightly more security wary, however, this property was amazingly clean and secure. I stayed here one night en route to Florida, with a dog, and found this hotel to be more than adequate. The front desk staff was very accommodating, and put me in a suite directly behind the front desk, which was comforting as I was traveling by myself (and dog). The intersection held a couple of dining options including a Cracker Barrel and the Davy Crocket Bar and Grill--which had one of the best Chicken Sandwiches I've ever had (and a very economical two for one beer special--my entire bill was nine dollars). I would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2006

I was leery of this Hampton Inn because it is independently owned and all of the rooms very exterior rooms where you just park your car and walk to your room. Being a female traveling alone this was scary. However, I felt very safe staying here. I also found out that even though it is independently owned it is American owned. The rooms were also better then expected. Since the hotel was located in a very small town I didn’t think this Hampton Inn would be as nice as the other Hampton Inns. Also, the pictures I found of the rooms online made the rooms look like they were decorated in the 1980’s.
I was pleasantly surprise to find the rooms modernly decorated although not fancy. The beds were extremely comfortable and felt like the pillow top mattress I sleep on at home. The pillows were also very comfortable along with the sheets and comforter. Although the room had a little bit of wear it was in great condition and very clean with absolutely no hair, dust, or mold anywhere.
The staff was extremely friendly and made me feel like they genuinely appreciated me staying there. The free continental breakfast was decent and plentiful considering it was free with more then just donuts and coffee.
If I had to find something to complain about I would say it would have been an even better stay if the hotel offered more toiletries and like I mentioned earlier if the rooms were interior rooms. However, for the price I don’t think it is fair to complain about these minor details especially considering the wonderful service that was provided to me.
I would highly recommend this hotel to others and if I am ever in the area again I will not hesitate to stay again.

• Liked — The very comfortable room and the extremely friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Exterior rooms.
  • Tips/Secrets — This is a great place to stop between Nashville and Chatanooga.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
3 Thank lakecity211
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
Ambassador Inn & Luxury Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!