“Super”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drumnadrochit
Glenkirk Loch Ness B and B
Ranked #8 of 32 Drumnadrochit B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Super”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a lovely B&B in a converted church very tastefully done. Lovely welcome from the hostess, great sitting room with tea/coffee and home made shortbread which was delicious. There was a bath in the room which was very welcome but only a shower attachment which was a shame. Also no TV in the bedrooms and the Wi-Fi is switched off from 11pm till 8am.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed two night here on the great glen way walk as we did two legs from here. What a great place renovated by themselves from an old church. Accommodation is 1st class clean and of very high spec. Shower was great and room very comfortable, we got good advice on where to eat, and loads to eat for breakfast. Our hosts were very friendly with plenty of good advice regards the walk and places to eat. At must stay on the great glen walk.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This has to be the pick of all the B&Bs in Drumnadrochit. The first thing that caught my attention was the appearance of the building which has obviously been lovingly converted into a home and B&B. The charming and friendly hosts live downstairs and an upper level contains loft style guest rooms with Velux windows. Each room has its own ensuite and one even has a bath. The rooms are very tastefully furnished and have little touches that make it feel like home. The room was very warm and cosy even though the outside temperature was very cold.

There is a lovely guest lounge with TV and tea & coffee making facilities. The dining room is located on the ground level where breakfast is served each morning. I enjoyed the porridge and the hot breakfast very much. I would have happily stayed at Glenkirk for longer as I felt very comfortable there, just like home. Glenkirk is easily one of the best B&Bs in the UK.

Room Tip: My favourite room was room number 1 but the other rooms can accommodate more. They are all tastefull...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Glenkirk, Owner at Glenkirk Loch Ness B and B, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time in writing your lovely review
on your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your
stay and hope it added to your whole Scottish experience!
Cheers Fiona
London
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We picked this place because of its central location for our road trip around the Scottish highlands and because of the church conversion. Stayed here with my wife and relatives for 3 nights and we just loved the place from the moment we set foot through the front door. The place was immaculate and had a very warm and charming feel about it. Fiona greeted us when we arrived and showed us around like the great host that she is and gave us very helpful advice on local attractions and general info. Ross is a very friendly guy and is amazing in recommending sites to see and driving directions. Both Fiona and Ross are amazing hosts and so very nice and helpful. The lobby and dining/breakfast room are on the ground floor and up the stairs are a sitting room, where you can have tea/coffee, biscuits, play games, read or watch tv. I enjoyed relaxing in the sitting room after a long days adventure around the Highlands. There is also free WiFi. Several steps up will take you to the 3 bedrooms. We stayed in a spacious and light double room with shower, which was very quiet, clean and comfortable. If I had a gripe to make, it would probably be the water pressure of the shower as I love a power shower, but this is so minor considering everything else. The other rooms are family rooms, they have a double bed plus a twin bed and have baths w/ shower. The B&B is very well located in Drumnadrochit in a quiet area and 2mins drive from restaurants such as Fiddlers and the Loch Ness Inn. There is also a small grocer and gas station in the town. Loch Ness and Urquhart Castle are only 5mins away by car. Breakfast was divine! There is a note pad in the lobby to make your food requests and I was stuffed after every meal as I enjoyed it all. A must is the porridge and the oatcakes with a little butter and honey as Fiona recommended. As I said, Glenkirk is a gem of a B&B and I am so glad we found it and I will definitely recommend it to my family and friends if they are ever visiting the area. I know next time I visit, I'll be staying with Fiona and Ross. Thank you both so much for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the time to write your wonderful review
on your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed it and
hope it only added to your whole Scottish experience!
Cheers Fiona
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a night and absolutely loved it! Beautiful building, very clean and warm with wonderful hosts. The rooms were large and perfectly kitted out and the bed was very comfortable. A lot of friendly chat, with Ross and Fiona, Ross was very helpful with driving tips and telling us all about the local game Shinty. We were there in the off season so had the whole place to ourselves. I really couldn't rate it highly enough, the best b&b on our 10 day trip.

• Stayed February 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We chose to stay in this B&B while on a road trip around Scotland as it looked different from everything else we were staying in. Like other readers have said we felt that the introduction to the facilities was a bit regimented but this didn't take any charm off the experience. The room itself was clean and pleasant but the only downside would be the lack of tea making facilities and tv, these are located in a common room down the hall from the rooms. However after a day driving and exploring we only wanted somewhere to rest for the evening.
The breakfast in the morning was very good and the porridge is definitely worth tasting!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Allentown, PA
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I chose this bed and breakfast because of the historic church conversion, and it is lovely and well done. Apart from that, this B&B really rates very highly in my experience for the way in which everything about the decor, bathroom, fixtures, soft furnishings and so on had the feel of being spotlessly clean and practically brand new. At first, upon arrival, my daughter and I were a bit taken aback by what seemed like a very brisk and extensive explanation from our hostess of procedures, but found all of our later interactions to be very friendly and we agreed that it was just a mannerism developed over delivering the same information so many times before. The enduring memory of this stay was of the extremely high quality of the accomodation provided and a very friendly breakfast time chatting with our hostess and two poor walkers who were hiking in the pouring rain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drumnadrochit
Drumnadrochit Hotel
#7 of 32 in Drumnadrochit
Benleva Hotel
Benleva Hotel
#16 of 32 in Drumnadrochit

Been to Glenkirk Loch Ness B and B? Share your experiences!