“Not to be repeated!”

Drumnadrochit Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Archiestown, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not to be repeated!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

OK we may have hit it on a bad day but I would not go here again.
Arrived about 1.30pm to a smallish dinning room that had far too many tables for the size of it (possible safety hazard as folk were having to push past seated patrons, also what might have happened if there was a fire?). Ordered up mushroom soup and a drink.
While I went to the toilet (not that clean and the lights were dodgy) my partner was called over to collect our drinks. When she came back she found other customers sitting at our table and somebody had already cleared away the clean, set-out cutlery that had been collected when the order was placed. The seated customers not too pleased at having to move and a very "So What?" attitude from the waiter who had cleaned away the clean cutlery!
When the soup arrived, we took one taste and called the only hard worker there was there (Paul who was the only one in shirt and tie and seemed to be everywhere at once) as it was almost stone cold! He agreed it was too cold and immediately removed it and promised to deal with the problem. A couple of minutes later he was back with a refund for the soup, also the promise of a hot bowl of soup - a chef it appears had taken the servings from the wrong pan and had not checked the temperature first!
This serving arrived quite quickly, was nice and hot and definitely home made though a tiny bit salty.
All in all, the only good thing about our visit was a reasonably (though very expensive) bowl of soup and Paul who sorted out a problem quickly and efficiently that should not have happened in the first place.

• Visited April 2013

“One of the best restaurants weve ever been!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had the fish and chip dish it was delicious!! Portion really good but presented beautifully...staff very helpful polite and courteous excellent value for money!!! best thing about this restaurant is shaun...he has customer service nailed he even took us bk to our campsite as there were no taxis! truly the best service with all parts of being here we have recieved.

Hampshire
“Very good service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This review relates to the coffee shop on the ground floor rather than the bistro on the first floor although it's from the same kitchen. We had been to the Loch Ness visitor centre and that had taken a lot less time that anticipated so we went in for coffee before lunch. The staff were really friendly and helpful and said we were welcome to sit there and wait for the bistro to open or stay seated down stairs and they would bring a menu which is what we opted for. You normally 'pay as you go' in the coffee shop but as we had spoken to them they were happy to keep a tab open for us. The coffee was good. I was a little disappointed by the limited range of main meals on offer, esp. a cheaper smaller portion for a child. However, I am guessing they don't get a huge through put so its better than wastage and we made the most of it. I had a potato and bacon soup which was delicious. Hubby and daughter shared a fish and chips which was also good. I think the cake we had was from the day before being cleared though as that was dry but we didn't bother complaining. The total bill wasn't too bad given it was hotel prices but a bit more than we would have liked to have paid.

Alford, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Excellent meals, banoffee waffle was the best pudding I have ever eaten. The staff were all lovely, friendly and attentive. I would have no hesitation in going back again.

Visited October 2012
“Great Food!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was a bit reluctant to try this restaurant due to the bad reviews on here. However, my husband and I have just had a fantastic meal. I'm just glad that I decided to try for myself.