“Nice friendly hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Drumnadrochit
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly hotel”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at the Drumnadrochit Hotel over Easter weekend with my husband. We were made very welcome on arrival after a long journey. We were personally taken to our room, which was very clean with all the basic requirements. Ample coat hangers in the wardrobe, tea and coffee making facilities with shortbread biscuits. Would definitely stay here again, although the rooms are a little tired and the bathroom is very old fashioned the hotel is very clean. Breakfast was included and very tasty with lots of variety. Lovely staff and a fantastic location for the beautiful village of Drumnadrochit.

Debbs
Hello Debbie thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thought our service was good as we pride ourselves in our customer care.
We took over the hotel in April last year and redecorated the rooms over the winter.
If you would ever like to stay again please phone us direct as we will beat any internet site price
Sean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is my fourth visit to drumnadrochit and my second stay in the hotel, and in comparison with my last stay this one was so much better mainly due to the staff.
My partner organised this from a groupon deal for a birthday treat for me but at the time we couldn't go,, the staff were only too happy to change the dates for us.
The rooms have recently been decorated to a high standard, there was a powerfull shower in the room and the bed was comfortable.
We had a lovely breakfast each morning and we decided to eat in the restaurant both evenings, the food was plentiful and to a high standard and the chef was accommodating when we ordered a dish not ment for that evenings menu,
I was a bit chilly in the restaurant so was brought a portable heater to my table
The staff really can't do enough for you,
I will be back to stay again
Jenny and Greg

• Stayed March 2013
Weejenn
Hello weejen thank you for your kind review, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we are especially pleased you think the service was good as this is our main priority here at the drum hotel.
Thank you for spotting our recently refurbished rooms, we are very proud of them as the whole team spent over 12 weeks painting all 29!!
We have also recently spent a lot of time and effort on our restaurant food, sourcing all our products as locally as possible.
Were very happy to hear you will be back to stay with us, please phone us direct when you do and we will offer you a better deal than any internet site
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here on March 22/23 with my wife and two-year old son and were made welcome from the get-go. Everyone here was a joy to deal with and any questions or requests were handled quickly and politely.

The room was clean, comfortable and nicely laid out and furnished and even with a travel-cot, just the right size for the three of us to stay comfortably and enjoy a cosy night in when the outside temperatures dropped during cold-snap.

Breakfast was good and filling, although nothing fancy (not quite what I remember from growing up in Scotland), with enough at hand for the three of s to enjoy with some very different tastes.

Of course, this is no 5-star venue, but as a place to holiday far from home its perfect. Comfortable environment, friendly staff and comfy beds.

Thanks to all involved, we'll probably be back later in the year. Full compliments from my wife and myself (and probably my son too, if he ever gets 'round to thinking about it).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin B
Hi Kevin thank you for your kind review, I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us especially the furnishings as we shut in November and myself and the team painted and decorated each room!!
We understand we are no hilton but our belief is to ensure that every guest receives 5 star service and leaves wanting to return.
Thanks again for the compliments from you, your better half and the wee man and if you were to return then please phone us direct as we will always offer you a better rate than internet sites.
Thanks again, see you soon
Kind regards
Callander, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A great find! I only meant to stay for one night but stayed for 3! This was mainly due to the excellent customer service , wonderful Scottish fayre inn the restaurant and the genuine welcome.
I look forward to returning later in the year with friends.
If you are looking for somewhere to base yourself whilst touring the Highlands, I highly recommend this hotel.
Thank you Sean, Tara & Chloe, see you in September!

Room Tip: A great place to base yourself!
Hibees62
Thank you hibees for your kind review, it was a pleasure having you stay, myself and all the kitchen staff are delighted you enjoyed your meal each night as we have spent much considerable time sourcing fresh local ingrediants for all our dishes.
We try to make sure our guests are well taken care of and always enjoy hearing people’s opinions of our much loved hotel.
When you return please phone us direct as we will always beat any internet site.
Thanks again and we look forward to having you back!
P.S Try our new local lamb dish next time your back, think you will love it!!!
Kind regards
Bedlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I did not expect this hotel to be anywhere near as good as it was. We took advantage of the Groupon offer and stayed 2 nights, the offer included breakfast, a free bottle of wine and entry to the exhibition next door. The room was clean and comfortable having been recently refurbished, it had everything we needed. The breakfast was included in the very reasonable price and was first class. We also chose to eat in the restaurant and were delighted that we did. The overall experience was brilliant and the icing on the cake was the helpfulness of the Manager, whose personal attention to detail made it a memorable short break. Thank you very much

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
F C, Public Relations Manager at Drumnadrochit Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you Kay for your kind review, it was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel, your comment on our recently refurbished rooms has made us smile as myself and the team spent 12 weeks painting each and everyone!!

We try very hard to make peoples stay as fun and relaxing as possible and its nice to know we did just that for you!!

We will be putting on entertainment, live music and scottish themed events throughout the year so it would be fantastic if you could come back and see us when we do!!

If you do fancy coming back please give us a phone before you book on 01456 450 218 as we can offer better deals than any internet site.

Thanks again Kay

Sean (manager)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Just had 2 nights stay here, I got a good deal with the booking so it made it more reasonable. Got a full English breakfast each morning....which I would expect if we were in England... I think a full Scottish breakfast would have been better...although I did mention this and they gave me black pudding and haggis with my breakfast. The dinner menu was a bit overpriced and it was £4 for a pint, wasn't much on as is out of season, rooms have just been decorated and new carpets fitted they were that new we couldn't get the room door open. The Staff were very friendly amd couldn't do enough for you. Would I stay here again??? Yes I would as long as I got a good deal again and they changed the breakfast menu. ...Lorne sausage, black pudding, potato scone, fried egg,bacon, fried bread and beans. And irn bru. ;-)

• Stayed March 2013
james037, Public Relations Manager at Drumnadrochit Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your review , we refurbished all the rooms over this winter and just opened again in February . Also glad you noticed that the staff were helpful and friendly and you ended up with a " " full Scottish "
We are very proud of the dedication the staff have in the Hotel , they are genuinely upset when they don't please the guest 100% .
I'm sorry you found our menu expensive , we only use the best of ingredients locally sourced and will never compromise that, with recent events in the press , we are glad we know exactly where each and every product is produced , this does add to a slight increase in menu cost , however we are confident with the end product .
I'm glad to see you would come back and stay with us , if you phone direct you should get a great rate bed and Scottish breakfast , better than any Internet advertised rates , phone 01456450218 .
Do think 3 out of 5 a bit harsh as from your review you did enjoy the experience .
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hi there, it is my first ever review:) I bought deal for two night true groupon.

Stuff members were very friendly 5+++ service especially the Hotel Manager :) Young lad.

Rooms were not the best I've been to but for the money they were good and clean. Shower was OK as well.

Mattress was a bit to soft and old but I didn’t expect it to bee five star hotel anyway. Had a small TV it was nice and cosy.

We had breakfast included which was great. They had a menu with even a porridge!!! My wife was happy as she doesn't like English breakfast.

We also had a dinner next day. And it was the best meat and mushroom sauce ever. We had two drinks, beer and coffee and two meals paid £37. We were given 10% discount when we arrived off our meal. And apparently we received even 20% off the bill.

Overall I think it is great Hotel with great people working in it. Lochness is amazing place to visit and if you visit it stay at this hotel and you will not regret.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
james037, Public Relations Manager at Drumnadrochit Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for Kind review , Sean is our manager and Director , who wants every one of his guest to leave his hotel having enjoyed the experience , we are no hilton we know that, but believe we offer a better friendly service , certainly you will remember us !!

The guests are giving great feed back on Mike ( head chef ) new menu , he uses only fresh local produce and cooked brilliantly .

We look forward to welcoming you back , tip : we can offer the best deals by booking direct with the hotel beter that the Internet prices . Also as I have mentioned before the Loch Ness Exhibition has had additional attraction added and well worth a visit , gives unbiased story of everything Loch Ness . Also the Center has it's own boat taking 12 passengers every hour on to Loch Ness added bonus , the skipper( John the Boat )is part of the Loch Ness Project and expert on all the monster
sightings .

Again thank you for your kind words

James
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drumnadrochit
Inch Hotel
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel
#3 of 3 in Drumnadrochit
Glenurquhart House Hotel

Been to Drumnadrochit Hotel? Share your experiences!