All that was missing from this awful establishment was Basil Fawlty himself.. I thought Fawlty Towers was a fiction hotel untill we stayed at "The Loch Ness Lodge Hotel" (I think they may be chargeable under the trades descrption act) . My wife, my 7 year old son, my 6 year old niece and myself stayed here for one night on the 9th August.
Let me start with the room. I have checked my Thesaurus and I am still at a loss of how to describe how awful the room was. The television was from at least the 1970's the decor from several decades earlier and the view as from a tower block in the inner city. The staff also appeared to go out of their way to be unhelpful. (with the exception of one polish lady who I believe leaves at the end of the month) . For example, the receptionist (who only seems to be there 1 or 2 hours a day) didnt even know the owner or managers name, and the staff at breakfast were worse. They had a hot buffet trolley for breakfast, and as no-one was there I picked up a plate only to be shouted at...yes shouted at.."Get to the other side of the trolley" from an older lady who apparantly was there to serve. Also it was raining and we went to the bar for a drink we were told it was closed and we would have to wait outside in the rain, and those of you with young children can imagine how awful that can be.
Now I have stayed at hotels around the world and I have to say this is without the question the worst I have ever encountered and at a rate of £120.00 per night....yes you read correctly £120.00 per night ...the value is an utter disgrace.
I cannot stress enough DO NOT EVER stay at this hotel as you will find your pockets a lot lighter and your blood pressure a lot higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 50 bedroom hotel caters for all clientele, families, couples, singles, friends and groups. We have a restaurant that serves a table d' hote menu three course meal. Our Pibroch Whisky Bar has an extensive choice of whiskys. The Loch Ness Monster Exhibition Centre is on hotel grounds and Nessie Hunter Cruises, hourly cruises on Loch Ness depart from hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Loch Ness Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Ness Hotel Drumnadrochit
- Loch Ness Drumnadrochit
- Loch Ness Lodge Hotel Drumnadrochit, Scotland