“'somewhere BEYOND the rainbow'”
Review of Kylesku Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kylesku
Kylesku Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kylesku
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Kylesku Hotel cannot be described in a few words; so pull up a chair and read the fantastic feedback that this gem has to offer.

This is your ‘Zero Moment Of Truth’ and trust me, when you arrive; your ‘Actual Moment Of Truth’ will be matched and beyond what you will read on here. I travel all over the world and stay and assess hotels on a professional basis for a global hotel brand and so, I have seen many properties that boast great things. So, I hope that know my stuff and it can be hard to find a hotel that inspires me so much to say, that in 36 years in the industry, this hotel is perhaps, not just one of the ‘best’ but I think it IS THE BEST, that I have had the joy to stay in.

Tanja and Sonia have everything right. The accommodation, the food and the hospitality are glued together with a magic ‘x factor’ that cannot be engineered from anything other than sheer passion for all that they do. So many hotels have almost all the ingredients, but Kylesku ticks every single box and then goes beyond! There is no doubt that the magic of the area inspires you and places you in a zone that feels at one with everything wonderful, so many establishments would capitalise on the awesome qualities of this corner of the world and be done with it. But what Kylesku does is pick up what’s great about the area and carry it into their entire business philosophy and weave it through every element of what they do. It’s their belief, it’s their style, it’s their understanding and it’s their success!

I could wax lyrically about the local seafood, the amazing breakfasts, the attention to detail, the effort, the simple elegance of the rooms, the fluffy towels and on and on, read below and you will see it mentioned time and time again. There really only is one way to understand this hotel, as the English language just is not good enough, and this is to go and live it. You without doubt, leave wanting more and more and more, you will benchmark every other hotel or holiday that you experience, against this hotel and will be pushed to come close to finding a par.

Kylesku: it will change your view on hospitality for ever!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Alasdair-Roxburgh
KyleskuHotel, Owner at Kylesku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Alasdair,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your extremely generous and complimentary review. We feel totally humbled reading about your experience here, and are, of course delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, the food and all the area has to offer. This is wonderful feedback and a great reward for us all, particularly given your background and insider knowledge.
We are lucky to have such a dedicated team who absolutely share our commitment to ensure our guests enjoy their stay as much as possible.
We are restlessly dissatisfied with our offer, and will always strive to continuously improve all aspects of our operation.
We very much enjoyed meeting you, and hope to welcome you back for more soon,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel has the best customer service I've come across. Tanja should get a job training the worlds hotel staff. Her helpfulness and attention to detail are wonderful and all accomplished with charm and humour. This attitude has been passed on to the staff. The food was excellent and the beer in very good condition. What more could you want!

Dear Charles W,
Thank you for your very kind review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay- and apologies for not being able to offer you a longer stay!
Thank you also for your very kind comments about our customer service. We are very lucky to work with a great team, and whilst we do, of course, have our own selection criteria (heavily biased towards customer service orientation), we also rely on our team to bring a wealth of experience from other places too!
I do hope we are able to welcome you back soon,
Kind regards

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and wish we could have spent longer but sadly the hotel was fully booked, and we weren't surprised. The owners have got this place just right. Everything is absolutely spot on.We'll just have to book in advance next time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
KyleskuHotel, Owner at Kylesku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear GardenArt186364,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry we could only offer you a room for the one night- but very glad you both had such a lovely time.
I do hope we are able to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very impressed with the food, service and accommodation. It was very friendly and because the dining room is fairly small you easily get chatting to your fellow diners. The room was good and the blueberry pancakes for breakfast was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had ! Highly recommended ...and Tanya was very hospitable and welcoming. We will return !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
KyleskuHotel, Owner at Kylesku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Sweedie,
Thank you for your lovely review. It's great to know that you both enjoyed your recent stay. I'm pleased you had a chance to get to know some of the other guests during your stay- we find this happens quite a lot!! I agree, this makes for a fun and friendly atmosphere.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the food too!
Looking forward to seeing you both again next year,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We found this hotel by accident and what a find. We had the "family room" room 4 two nights and room 1, a loch facing room for our final night. Both very warm and roomy with comfortable beds. The staff were without exception friendly and attentive. Breakfasts were hearty and set you up for a day of walking, driving or a boat trip. Make sure you take a trip with Kylesku Boat Trips. Knowledgable staff and a breathtaking view of the local geological wonders. Take Tanya's advice about where to walk and drive. Don't miss the soap and candle shop with it's good garden cafe at Drumberg. We loved being here. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get room 1 with its double window view. Book well in advance.

Dear Heather and Karen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. In particular, it's good to know you enjoyed the recommended spots to visit! We are huge fans of the area, and take great pleasure in revealing the hidden secrets of the area.
I hope you continue to have a great tour of Scotland, and hope you to see you again if you are planning another trip from Melbourne,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

After a wonderful few days here last year I was hoping to take another short break this month - alas, no doubt following rave reviews recently in couple of national newspapers, I had to stay elsewhere and make do (!) with just three evening meals.
Incidentally, several reviews still showing here relate to the period before the current owners took over, and should be totally disregarded. When I first stayed many years ago the bedroom (and bed) felt distinctly damp. Since then, the hotel has had a makeover, it is now delightfully furnished, equipped and decorated, even if the structure has, inevitably, had to remain the same - but very definitely no longer damp. Management and staff are highly professional, attentive, friendly and welcoming. Not surprisingly, local seafood figures largely on the menu but the "specials" were also very good - I risked a beetroot salad starter, which might not sound exciting, but with goat's cheese and sorrel it was magical, as were the strawberry and Pimm's trifles, either side of something fishy, accompanied by an excellent New Zealand riesling. So despite my advancing years and the 12-hour drive back to the Midlands on a good day - it can take 14 - I shall continue to come back here (if I can get in!) whenever I can, and I think that is the best recommendation anyone can give.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KyleskuHotel, Owner at Kylesku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Mykanaud,
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. It was great to see you both again recently, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to offer you a room on this occasion.
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your meals with us though!
It is a long way to come indeed, however, we do hope to welcome you both back soon,
Kind regards

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights as a couple as part of a larger group. We had stayed here about 15 years ago, when it was in different ownership. It has been fully refurbished since and provides superb accommodation. Our room was at the front, with a fabulous view over the loch, and it had a lovely en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. The lounge has a cosy stove and the dining room and bar looked over the loch where there was always some wildlife to watch.
The owners and staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us and the food was excellent.
We would certainly go back and thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: The views over the loch are fabulous from the front rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KyleskuHotel, Owner at Kylesku Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Jean,
Thank you for this lovely feedback. It was our pleasure to be able to welcome you back after such a long time. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the recent improvements to the hotel.
I agree, it is a lovely spot from which to observe the surroundings and local wildlife!
I hope you are able to return soon,
Tanja, Owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kylesku
Inver Lodge Hotel
Oak Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Croft 338 B&B
Croft 338 B&B
#1 of 2 in Drumbeg

Been to Kylesku Hotel? Share your experiences!