“Relaxed stop”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Fairly limited menu but staff are great and you get to look at the books and free newspapers whilst you wait for your food. I had soup which was warming and tasty. Chips were good too, but have been an off day for the previous reviewer. Hubby had an all day breakfast, not overly large but the sausage and black pudding were very tasty. All in all good value for money.

1  Thank Sockknitter5

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Much as I would love to support small places like this I can't support the food. The people were nice and children were able to sit and read. We had toasties and it takes a special skill to make a bad cheese toastie. Children liked the sausages but the chips were so bad they left them all. It should have been a warning when we saw a plate with all the chips left before we ordered. I wish I had said something constructive at the time but didn't.

2  Thank teawith2sugars
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The craft village is not very nice from outside, while this bookshop inside looks very comfortable. Staff is kind and food is good and not very expensive.
A lot of cheap books are sold inside: have a look while waiting for your meal!

1  Thank lion26b
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I went there with my husband and two children for some lunch and to look at the books. My toddler was tired and hungry, and therefore very grumpy. Staff were very understanding and friendly. Children's meal (macaroni) got a thumbs up from my daughter (usually very critical of food) , who said "It's not like the one at school, it's a proper one". Has a good second hand book section.
Could do with having a baby changing room.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We called in today for lunch and I must say the food was very good, the owner was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Lovely stock of books many of local interest, we both found just what we were looking for. Thank you for the warm welcome.

2  Thank Lesley D