“Warm and friendly welcome.”
Review of Morven B&B

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durness
Morven B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Durness
Stromness, United Kingdom
“Warm and friendly welcome.”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed with Mr and Mrs McKenzie for one night as a last minute booking through the really helpful tourist information office.
Neil warmly welcomed us, appologised for his wife being out at the moment and showed us to our huge room overlooking the coast. Unfortunately it was not an ensuite room, but the shower room and toilet were just down the stairs and we were grateful for a bed for the night. The room did also have a very handy sink. We were kindly met by Morag later.
The huge bed was really comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.
The Smoo Hotel is right next door, so really convenient for a good meal if you did not wish to travel back into town.
Next mornings breakfast was good and huge. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Minga, null, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed there a few days ago. The B & B's there were all full already and Morven was our last possibility. And we must say, it was really good. The hosts are very friendly and sooo polite. But the best was the view out of our window.
The breakfast was very good and really big. And the room was clean.
The only handicap is, that the rooms are not en-suite.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I selected the Morven on the back of several positive recommendations. We were running slightly late having enjoyed a very leisurely run up from Inverness. I called at around 20:00 and left a message to say that we would likely be arriving around 21:00. I called again a few minutes later but the line was still busy. On arrival, we were turned away by the proprietor who had re-sold our room on the basis that "they can't afford to keep empty rooms", or words to that effect. They said that we should have no trouble finding alternative accommodation in Durness, but this turned into a wild goose chase, eventually finding a room by chance during a conversation with the local shop owner.

I am sure that the Morven is a very nice B&B, but I have never been turned away in this way (hotel, b&b etc) so feel it is important that folks are made aware of this practice before booking here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank slls1961
Bolton
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Delightful, friendly, welcoming B&B. Mrs McKenzie is a real jewel. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast brilliant. Excellent value.

Room Tip: No ensuite rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WBrianC
Rhondda, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I found this place after a long drive on a bleak, cold, wet and windy day. I was very glad I did too! Even though I was travelling alone Morag gave me a family sized room with a double and single bed. It was very comfortable, and pleasantly warm - the weather outside was lousy, but you'd never had known it. There was a shared bathroom downstairs and a sink in the bathroom. I know some people depend upon en-suite bathrooms, but really it wasn't a problem for me.
The view from the bedroom window was fantastic: proper Scotland!
Also, its worth booking here for the huge breakfasts! Although I have perculiar dietary requirments - no pigs - Morag gave me a terrific breakfast, with all the tea and juice I could want.
I'd have no hesitation recommending this place to others

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2012

my husband i were at the morven last year we like to go fishing and heading back up this may again morag who has the b@b is awesome she makes you feel at home and her breakfasts are to die for i cant wait and the rooms are very comfortable .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2011

a lovely and more welcoming couple we've yet to meet. monumental breakfast and mrs mckenzie cant do enough to oblige.we're on our way back this august.woo hoo.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thomaschiara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durness
The Tongue Hotel
Armadale House B&B
Armadale House B&B
#1 of 1 in Armadale
Durness Smoo Youth Hostel

Been to Morven B&B? Share your experiences!