“The best Chinese takeaway!”

Alex Chinese Takeaway
Ranked #10 of 19 Restaurants in Dornoch
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were on a Sherings Self-drive weekend away to Dornoch and although we stayed at the old golf hotel opposite the water, the food (although included in the cost) was very scarce. So we took a walk through Dornoch and found that this Chinese takeaway was very busy on a Saturday night, so it must be good. Feeling still a bit empty, I asked for my favourite "Chicken fried rice and a portion of curry" - this was not on the menu, but Alex came out and took my order. I was a bit skeptical about this small takeaway place, but I was overwhelmed with the great taste of this dish once we got it to the beach and ate with plastic forks on a very windy night. I would recommend this to anyone who loves good Chinese takeaway.

1  Thank Bill S

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were staying in the nearby Eagle Hotel and popped in for a takeaway. It was fast services and delicious piping hot food. We had the chicken chow mien (made with chicken breast) and some spring rolls. Everything was really delicious!

1  Thank NicMacLeod
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A popular wee place on the night we were there - my husband enjoyed the food. I thought it was good but not as flavoursome as it could have been.
None the less it worked for us.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

After waiting an hour and fifteen minutes in the eagle to find out the chef hadn't even started ours. We went across the road and picked up a Chinese. Food was good and well priced. Straight forward good Chinese. The duck was great.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

A few of us were staying at Grannies Helian Hame holiday park, and decided on a chinese one night. Ordered a variety of dishes, all ok, nothing outstanding.
Disappointed to find two portions of chips missing from our large order when we got back to the caravan.