“Perfect”

Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bishopton
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It is impossible to think of anything about this hotel that could even form the beginnings of a basis for complaint. The food is superb, the room we had was fantastic with a great view up and down the River Clyde, the leisure facilities and the Spa are hugely enjoyable and the overall atmosphere is one of total relaxation.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my hubby are just back we stayed here(16 June 2013)... We just got married and wanted a little date night away.. Did think the price was more than we usually pay but I thought we'll c wht all the fuss is about :) in this case you get what you pay for.
When we arrived the view is breathtaking,building and grounds are amazing..
Only thing I would say is check in is late 4 o'clock... But not a huge deal as we went a walk and took in the all the lovley views.when we went to check in we were offered a glass of bubbly(didn't bother)but thought it was a lovly touch.we were shown to our room classic room 14 i loved it deor was so nice bed was huge everything was immaculate bathroom was gorg and tv said welcome mr and mrs Donaldson :) I went to the spa and chated to the girls in there while I got my nails done,hubby went and played golf said it was the best he's played on!we went and got changed and headed for dinner in the crystal (I think that's what it was called) all the decor is amazing down to the mirrors,chairs,fireplaces,lights everything just feels very grand and makes your stay so special and different from the norm!dinner was fab I had mushrooms,sea bass then sticky toffee.. Hubby got soup,pork then cheesecake food was amazing!one of the best meals I've ever had!then had a few drinks in the bar and there was. Young girl playing the piano and signing beautiful voice... We got up in the morn and went for breakfast choice was great I went for some fresh fruit/cheese fresh baked pastries :) hubby went for full scottish he said it was amazing!you helped your self haggis/black pud/eggs/sau/bacon ect had the most amazing time will defo be back maby try the Italian next time the only downer was I forgot my swimsuit so didn't get to use the pool the next day so next time ill need to remember it :) just wish we could of stayed longer staff were lovly especially the guy who was serving Uz at dinner didn't catch his name really funny and very helpful!plus a saint mirren fan :) xx

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EveInglis, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful, detailed review. It is so great to read you and your new husband had a special time at Mar Hall enjoying our many facilities and beautiful surrounding landscape.
You have described the perfect date night and I am truly delighted about how highly you speak of your dining experience. I will be sure to pass on your complements to our chefs and restaurant staff.
It was a pleasure to have you stay at Mar Hall and we would love for you to visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here on the 10th of June for one night as part of the hotels flash sale which was unbelievable value for money!
For the price we got a junior suite complete with champagne and strawberries, a couples mud treatment at the spa with lunch, breakfast was included and we also booked dinner in the Cristal!
Firstly the staff accommodated us in every way possible, we arrived just after half 2 to check in, knowing the rooms weren't available until 4pm, but we were directed to the spa so we could enjoy our lunch and treatment first.
The staff at the spa were very helpful as we were running slightly late so pushed our pre-booked treatment back by a half hour so we could relax and enjoy our lunch. The spa facilities again were excellent and we didn't end up leaving until after half 5.
Back at the main hotel we got the keys to our room and the suite was simply stunning. My partner was very impressed as this was all a bit of a surprise for her.
As we got ready for dinner we realised we were now rushing to make our reservation at 7pm but again we asked if we could push our reservation back and the staff got us a later time. The food was superb although I think they misheard how we asked for one of the steaks to be cooked but they were quick to offer to rectify this.
After dinner we took a walk around the grounds and gardens before retiring to our suite to enjoy the strawberries and champagne. At 1am we came down to see if there was any way of getting another bottle and the staff were happy to bring one up to our room.
All in all Mar Hall helped make this the perfect date, we both agreed we would come back in a heartbeat. My partner told me it was the best nights sleep she'd had in ages! There were only 2 downsides to our entire stay...
1) We only had one night, we could have stayed all week!
2) We phoned the spa the next day to see if we could book a massage for after we checked out of the hotel but they were fully booked! Nobody's fault but ours for trying last minute but at least we have an excuse to come back!

So in summary, gorgeous hotel, very helpful staff - from making our reservations over the phone through to the staff on the day, superb value if you get one of their sales or special offers, a real taste of luxury and a place I will definitely be returning to!

A very very satisfied customer! :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have just returned from a weekend where I took a dozen friends from London to stay at Mar Hall and play the golf course and it was an exquisite experience. The hotel is dramatic and the service sublime and we played golf on Saturday late in the afternoon and Sunday lunchtime. The golf course has simply breathtaking views and is in fabulous condition, particularly when you consider it is so new and the weather has been so wet for so long, but there was no water that was not meant to be there to catch your golf ball. My party were of various standards of golf, but the course was challenging but playable for even the most novice of players and add the fact that there was basically no one else on the course on Saturday afternoon and you have a recipe for paradise to golfers.
I must mention the professional, Jamie Darling. He was so accommodating and helpful and welcomed all my party and all the other golfers around for that matter.
The rooms were in the hotel were divine, and yes food and drink were expensive, but no worse than London prices and to be honest, this is such a stunning location, you have to be crazy to expect them not to charge top dollar, they deserve it.
We ate in Il Posto, the restaurant in the car park and it was great, we were a party of 15 for the meal and the food was delicious and the waitress, Jen I think her name is was amazing, such fun, enthusiastic and a master at upselling to a bunch of slightly tipsie golfers, I was very impressed.
All in all, we will definitely be back to sample the pure delight of this glorious resort and its facilities..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I travel a 60mile round trip to visit Mar Hall and it didn't disappoint. From the moment we checked on the welcome was warm and friendly, the co plume try buck fizz at check in was an added surprise. The property is stunning and my husband and I were graced with the beautiful Scottish sure. Which allowed us to explore the beautiful surroundings. We booked dinner when we booked the hotel room which I would advise as the restaurant was busy. The food was amazing!! We had looked at the menu when we planned our trip and I must admit that eating is usually my favourite part of any hotel stay. I ,must say we were delighted with our choice. we found the young waiter to be extremely Knowledgeable about the menu and help me decide on my final choice. We both agreed that this meal was the bet we've had in this country to date.
Our room was beautiful, spotless and so peaceful, the perfect surrounding to get away from the busy day to day stresses of work and young kids!! Breakfast was fresh and healthily, even the cooked food had been grilled and just seemed so much more tasty than if you had made it at home! Again, service was impeccable. The concierge was so helpful, they gave my husband information about the surrounding area as he is a keen fisherman.
Our stay ended with the trip of the spa. This was so relaxing and professional. Our treatments were amazing g and the chillout room just topped it all off. I've never visited a spa like it in Glasgow . All In all each of the elements we experienced in Marr Hall, the five star service, the stunning property and scenic views makes Marr more of a resort than a hotel. I would love to go back and plan to.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
EveInglis, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Wow. What an excellent review. It really is so pleasing to hear when a guest has had such a wonderful stay. Our chefs will be overjoyed that you enjoyed your best ever meal in Scotland at Mar Hall. What a complement to receive. We have a wonderful staff here and they are so passionate about the experience of our guests and enjoy talking and sharing their knowledge of Mar Hall and surrounding landscape. Your positive comment about your experience in our Spa is well received and I very much hope you get the chance to visit us again soon.

Thank you again. You have made our day.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed there for one night on a business trip as my meetings were right besides it . it was a great experience as so different from you would find in hotel chains. The hotel is in an old castle and the rooms are a great mix of modern and new . we had dinner in the bar and it was nice, served quickly. breakfast was very nice. Only shortcomings. Slow broadband in my underground bedroom. I use the swimming pool which was perfect temperature and the leisure centre was spotless overall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is important to relax even when on business and I’m glad you were able to enjoy our leisure facilities. It is disappointing to hear you had a slow broadband connection. Our connectivity is usually of a high standard. I will discuss this with the appropriate staff and make sure this was only a temporary issue. I hope this did not cause too much of a negative impact on your overall enjoyable stay.

We would be delighted if you had the chance to stay at Mar Hall soon. Perhaps as a leisure guest next time.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for an overnight early wedding anniversary celebration....was just fab...lovely walk in grounds,steam room,sauna then swim followed by wee rest then delightful 3 course meal in Cristal which
was sublime, room with 4 poster and side garden view which was peaceful and relaxed ..slept like a log although too hot and had to open window in early hours...breakfast great good choice and server who also was there during dinner was just charming!! And funny!! Thanx very much for chocolate plate and anniversary wishes hope to be back soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. It is always extra special when guests choose to stay at Mar Hall for an important occasion such as an anniversary. It looks like you made full use of all of our facilities and enjoyed a delicious meal in our Cristal Restaurant. Our chefs will be delighted by your complements.

I very much hope you get your wish and we see you soon.

Mar Hall Guest Relations Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopton
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 2 in Bishopton
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#11 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!