“Out of this World”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bishopton
Kilsyth, United Kingdom
“Out of this World”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I travel a 60mile round trip to visit Mar Hall and it didn't disappoint. From the moment we checked on the welcome was warm and friendly, the co plume try buck fizz at check in was an added surprise. The property is stunning and my husband and I were graced with the beautiful Scottish sure. Which allowed us to explore the beautiful surroundings. We booked dinner when we booked the hotel room which I would advise as the restaurant was busy. The food was amazing!! We had looked at the menu when we planned our trip and I must admit that eating is usually my favourite part of any hotel stay. I ,must say we were delighted with our choice. we found the young waiter to be extremely Knowledgeable about the menu and help me decide on my final choice. We both agreed that this meal was the bet we've had in this country to date.
Our room was beautiful, spotless and so peaceful, the perfect surrounding to get away from the busy day to day stresses of work and young kids!! Breakfast was fresh and healthily, even the cooked food had been grilled and just seemed so much more tasty than if you had made it at home! Again, service was impeccable. The concierge was so helpful, they gave my husband information about the surrounding area as he is a keen fisherman.
Our stay ended with the trip of the spa. This was so relaxing and professional. Our treatments were amazing g and the chillout room just topped it all off. I've never visited a spa like it in Glasgow . All In all each of the elements we experienced in Marr Hall, the five star service, the stunning property and scenic views makes Marr more of a resort than a hotel. I would love to go back and plan to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
EveInglis, Guest Relations Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Wow. What an excellent review. It really is so pleasing to hear when a guest has had such a wonderful stay. Our chefs will be overjoyed that you enjoyed your best ever meal in Scotland at Mar Hall. What a complement to receive. We have a wonderful staff here and they are so passionate about the experience of our guests and enjoy talking and sharing their knowledge of Mar Hall and surrounding landscape. Your positive comment about your experience in our Spa is well received and I very much hope you get the chance to visit us again soon.

Thank you again. You have made our day.

Mar Hall Guest Relations Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed there for one night on a business trip as my meetings were right besides it . it was a great experience as so different from you would find in hotel chains. The hotel is in an old castle and the rooms are a great mix of modern and new . we had dinner in the bar and it was nice, served quickly. breakfast was very nice. Only shortcomings. Slow broadband in my underground bedroom. I use the swimming pool which was perfect temperature and the leisure centre was spotless overall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is important to relax even when on business and I’m glad you were able to enjoy our leisure facilities. It is disappointing to hear you had a slow broadband connection. Our connectivity is usually of a high standard. I will discuss this with the appropriate staff and make sure this was only a temporary issue. I hope this did not cause too much of a negative impact on your overall enjoyable stay.

We would be delighted if you had the chance to stay at Mar Hall soon. Perhaps as a leisure guest next time.

paisley
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for an overnight early wedding anniversary celebration....was just fab...lovely walk in grounds,steam room,sauna then swim followed by wee rest then delightful 3 course meal in Cristal which
was sublime, room with 4 poster and side garden view which was peaceful and relaxed ..slept like a log although too hot and had to open window in early hours...breakfast great good choice and server who also was there during dinner was just charming!! And funny!! Thanx very much for chocolate plate and anniversary wishes hope to be back soon

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. It is always extra special when guests choose to stay at Mar Hall for an important occasion such as an anniversary. It looks like you made full use of all of our facilities and enjoyed a delicious meal in our Cristal Restaurant. Our chefs will be delighted by your complements.

I very much hope you get your wish and we see you soon.

Glasgow
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Breath-taking estate with lovely views of the hills and river. Elegant building and gardens. Unfortunately, we were not told that check in was 4pm. We were there at 3pm and had to wander about for an hour. After our journey, a complimentary cup of coffee would have been most welcome. Room was, as expected, first class - including the view. Meal in the Cristal restaurant could not be faulted. Lamb and the sirloin were cooked to perfection. Breakfast was also first class; with a wide selection of cooked or continental available. Every member of staff that we dealt with, was attentive and helpful, without being intrusive. The Food and Beverages Manager, Adrian Sharpe, seemed to be on duty for the whole time - morning and evening! He is extremely friendly, helpful and certainly knows how to organise his staff. He is an absolute asset to the Hotel. However, the prices for drink and even a cup of coffee seemed a bit extravagant. Also, I didn't notice any ramps at the front entrance for disabled guests.. All in all, Mar Hall is definitely a lovely choice for a special anniversary etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Mar Hall. Your positive comments are wonderful to read and I will be sharing them with our staff. I am slightly disappointed that you had to wait to be checked-in at 4pm but I hope this did not cause too much inconvenience.

It would be great to have you stay with us again soon. Perhaps for another special occasion.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Recently attended a friends wedding at marr hall. Wow. Service an venue were amazing. Expensive for drinks but totally worth it. Staff were superb. I have been here a few times and must say I am a big fan. Well done marr hall

• Stayed May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Took my wife here for afternoon tea on a sunday at the beginning of June. It was for a birthday treat.

Lovely surroundings, great setting with fabulous views, the building itself is very impressive great hall where we had tea was lovely.

The sandwiches and cakes were lovely and the waiter put some of them in a box for us to take home as there were far too many for us to finish!!

The staff were great with our two boys. Would definitely go again, but as you would expect it's pretty pricey!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Davehippo1
Perthshire
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Booked an overnight 'girls only' stay at Mar Hall to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday and we were absolutely delighted with our choice of venue. Stunning drive up to the house (note - make sure you put the amended postcode in your sat nav - road layout has changed. This is mentioned on the Mar Hall website) ample parking and we were greeted by warm and friendly staff. Knew we couldn't check in until 4pm but reception offered to have the rooms ready for 2pm and took the luggage up to our rooms whiilst we were having our spa treatments. Best facials we have had for a long time-particular thanks to Jade and Zoe. The quiet relaxation area is wonderful. We were in rooms 8 and 17 - beautiful views over the gardens. Room service was very speedy and efficient - less than 5 minutes for mum's jug of milk! Had booked a table in the Cristal restaurant a few days before our visit (as recommended on website) to get our preferred time of dining. Lovely leisurely meal - fabulous steaks and mum was delighted with the birthday message piped in chocolate on her dessert plate. Thank you to everyone at Mar Hall for making mum's birthday so special. My husband's birthday is in July so a feel another visit coming soon and am already looking forward to it . many thanks, Claire

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopton
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#13 of 93 in Glasgow
Erskine Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Erskine

Been to Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!