Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
West Park Hotel(Clydebank)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,346 results
All reviewsgolf coursecristal restaurantjunior suiteafternoon teahuge bathroomfour poster bedmain buildingil postobeautiful hotelon arrivalfive star hotelbirthday treatkilpatrick hillsspike barchristmas giftbeautiful roomrelaxation room
998 - 1,003 of 1,346 reviews
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice home from home with great food and great staff. Not 5* with some tired paint and furnishings but the public areas are warm and comfortable and with the nice touch of chocolates mints on the pillow each night after the turndown service.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Clginnster
EveInglis, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you felt at home in the hotel, as we take great pride in making all our guests feel as comfortable as possible! It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our great food, I will pass you kind words on to our Executive Chef, Eric Avenie.

Your comments - regarding the décor and interiors of your room - have been circulated amongst our management team - who always try to keep on top of any necessary renovation work. When you return, we hope you find these changes create the perfect environment. We endeavour to keep this hotel looking immaculate and your feedback has been very helpful.

It was great to hear from you and we look forward to welcoming you again at Mar Hall Golf and Spa Resort!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Mar Hall is one of our most favourite places to visit! From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you are made to feel that you are the only guests in the hotel! From the concierge, the housekeeping, the receptionists, the restaurant staff and through to the management no request is too trivial! We have returned on numerous occasions and the overall standard is exceptional! Situated just off the Erskine Bridge near Glasgow Mar Hall is in an ideal location for visiting Loch Lomond or embarking on a shopping trip!
The restaurants are exceptional,! On our last visit recently we dined in the Cristal restaurant on the first night and Il Posto on the second night! Both evenings were 5 Star and we would recommend them both!
We will return sooner rather than later!

• Stayed: November 2012
EveInglis, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Wow, what a review! The staff will be delighted with your kind comments – the whole team works so hard to provide our guests with the very best customer service experience.

Our chefs work so hard to ensure we offer top-class menus and exquisite cuisine at reasonable prices – I will pass on your compliments to our dedicated teams in the Cristal and Il Posto Restaurants. Next time, I highly recommend you indulge in a glass of pre-dinner bubbly in our well-stocked and elegant Spike Bar.

The team here at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I were married at Mar Hall on 28th July 2012. Our day was everything we had dreamed of and more!

Mar Hall is the one true fairytale venue with amazing, first class staff.

Our whole wedding was held at Mar Hall and it ran like clockwork. From the ceremony in the Burgandy Suite, our champage reception in the Grand Hall, to our reception in the Marquee, every single detail was perfect and we loved every second of our perfect day! We wish it lasted longer as it was over in what felt like the blink of an eye.

Our coordinator Vikki, operations manager Laurent, Dean and the concierge/reception team (to name but a few staff involved in our day) ensured we had the best day of our lives. Our guests were blown away by this breathtaking venue and the attentiveness of its staff. The standard of not only the venue itself but also the wedding breakfast, bedrooms and golf and spa facilities are second to none. Nowhere else comes close!

Mar Hall has a special place in my heart and always will. I not only got married there, but made new friends in those who helped plan and make my dreams come true. I cannot thank Mar Hall enough and everyone needs to experience a little piece of Mar at least once in their lifetime. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Mrs Ashley MacKinnon x

• Stayed: July 2012

Your wonderful feedback has really helped kick start another glorious day at Mar Hall Hotel - I am thrilled that we were able to make your wedding experience so special! I’ll pass on your lovely comments regarding service to our staff, who always love to hear such excellent guest feedback. We are very lucky to be able to offer such a breath-taking venue for weddings, and it was a real pleasure to read that you enjoyed our cuisine and charming rooms.

Our dedicated wedding co-ordinators take real pride in creating a personalised, tailored service, and truly get to know our brides in person to ensure those special touches which make the day so special.

Our wedding marquee is a permanent feature on the idyllic grounds of Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort – making it of much higher quality, with a beautiful view across the river and the valley. I really hope you and your guests enjoyed the floor to ceiling windows and the decking overlooking the river scenes.

I hope to welcome you back to Mar Hall soon, maybe for some relaxation on the golf course or in our stunning spa!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in November, have to say the staff were excellent. We stayed in Room 5 and it was really a special treat. The room has great views and is done out to a very high standard. We had two main rooms and a wonderfull shower bathroom with a free standing bath. Couldn't really fault the room. There were two fires that had logs displayed to give the effect of them being real fires and if I had one request it would be that it would be very nice if they WERE real. But still that's nothing to complain about. Trust me when I say if you ask for the Junior Suite in Room 5 you won't be disappointed.

We also booked a meal for two in the Crystal restaurant and it was great value for money. I also treated my partner to a Swedish Massage and she thought it was excellent. Couldn't fault the staff, we even asked for our cheese board dessert to be taken to our room and this was done very professionally. They had a lady singing and playing the piano in the main lounge and she was excellent.

Only downside was the breakfast. It was buffet style, sadly this is common now in large hotels, but Mar Hall only has 55 bedrooms and I think they could cope with table service and have the breakfast cooked to order.
All in all very nive indeed and we will definitely come back.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
EveInglis, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay with us here at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort. Mar Hall really is the perfect romantic getaway for couples - our historic grounds and individually-designed bedrooms make the experience that bit more extraordinary.

I am delighted to read that your partner enjoying unwinding in our state-of-the-art Decleor Spa. The Rasul Mud Chamber Experience is a sublime treat for couples – I’d highly recommend you both give it a go next time!

Nutritional experts have cited breakfast as the most important meal of the day, and our chefs do put on quite the buffet spread. I will pass on your suggestion regarding table service during breakfast to our Restaurant Manager, who is always keen to hear guest suggestions about creating an improved culinary experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next relaxing retreat!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at the Mar Hall as part of a company Dinner Dance. I believe the company booked most of the hotel to accomodate its employees and guests. Our room was located in the newer wing right next to the leisure facilities (this was a slight dissapointment as we thought we would be staying in the Grand Main Building. I am glad we did not pay the £100 + per night for this room. We stayed in Room 48: Toilet was not fixed to the floor and wobbled when using it, Shower Door Seals were broken or not fitted which caused water to soak the bathroom floor, the cold tap on the fink had a broken leaver, the window ledges in the room were warped due the constant condensation on the old alluminium windows and room windows would not stay open and were quite dirty. To add to this there was no free wi-fi (as advertised) and the mini bar was empty!. On the plus side the Dinner Dance was great and the food was amazing, the grounds and views are also very nice. Breakfast was buffet style and this is the only Hotel I have ever stayed in Scotland without Haggis available at breakfast. One last point, the sauna could do with a refurb. Overall I would not chose to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for the main hotel building as these may be better rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sheraqui
EveInglis, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review about your stay with us here at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your Dinner Dance, and that the cuisine hit the spot. I will pass your praise on to our Executive Chef, Eric Avenie.

I apologise that your Wi-Fi was not working – had you contacted our Customer Services team at reception, they would have given you a complimentary password to access the Wi-Fi. Although our mini bars with in the rooms are not stocked, water and fresh milk is complimentary in every room. Should guests wish their mini bars to be fully stocked our concierge service do provide this with your favourite tipple.

I have passed your comments regarding the décor and interiors of your room to our Management Team, who always try to keep on top of any necessary renovation work. Thank you for your comments here – we endeavour to keep the whole place bright and impeccable for guests, so this is something we will address.

We do hope you will come back again next year to see the improvements we’ve made on your recommendation.