“Luxury hotel with excellent staff”

Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bishopton
Edinburgh
“Luxury hotel with excellent staff”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights on a special deal spa break. This included dinner, bed and breakfast, champagne and chocolates, DVDs and spa treatments. We were very impressed with our adjoining rooms as there were 4 of us in our party and that worked really well. The rooms were large with spacious and well appointed bathrooms. Our meals on both nights were excellent and breakfast on each morning offered a good choice of fare. Throughout our stay, staff were helpful and responsive to our many requests. Overall a lovely hotel set in beautiful parkland overlooking the Clyde. We had a ball and will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
EveInglis, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
What a lovely review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort. The beautiful 240 acre woodland estate in which we are nestled provides an element of unrivalled tranquility for guests seeking a luxurious escape from the city.

I will pass on your kind words to our staff, who always appreciate guest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mar Hall Guest Relations Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Lincoln
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My second visit to this Hotel was the weekend of the 26 Oct 2012, my wife and I stayed in the most beautiful and clean room, the decor was out of this world. The luxury feel of this hotel certainly rubs off on you, we went to relax after a busy few months and we definitely did that. The hotel and the surrounding area is so stunning, I was quite happy just wandering around the place soaking it all in. Having said that, we did do a day trip in Glasgow which was also very good, a local taxi cost £20 each way. You can walk to Bishopton rail station, which takes around 45 mins but be warned some of the way the footpath disappears and you have to walk on the road for about 100 metres. The train cost £7.40 single for 2 of us.
Back to the hotel we dined in the Italian restaurant on the grounds and it was both value for money and lovely, you could tell the food was fresh and well prepared, again the staff were superb, and I could not fault them in any way. The breakfast is huge and plentiful, if you do not find anything you like from the offerings them something is seriously wrong. The hotel staff were also very pleasant and helpful, always chatty and checking if the stay was OK. We travelled from Lincolnshire on the train which was a little tiring but I would do it all again to stay at Mar Hall, we both loved it and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
What lovely feedback! So glad to hear we ticked all the boxes for you during your stay. Our staff really do go the extra mile to make your visit at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort extra special, so I am delighted to read that you appreciated their efforts. Our chefs will be so pleased that you enjoyed your meal in our Il Posto Restaurant. Nutritionists often cite breakfast as the most important meal of the day, and we endeavour to put on an appetising spread for guests – delighted you enjoyed the selection on offer.

We are fortunate to be able to offer guests such spacious and airy rooms. All our rooms and suites are individually designed, meaning that each guest has a uniquely luxurious experience.

We can’t wait to welcome you back for your next relaxing break!

London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Myself my partner and our small dog spent three glorious nights in Mar Hall. From the moment of booking and return e mails from a very lovely person called Andy the staff could not have been nicer and the food was beautiful. Breakfast was a fantastic and the managers of both the dinner and breakfast were totally professional and efficent at their jobs as were their staff Bravo! We had the most beautiful room which was enormous and beautifully decorated. We availed of a massage and facial both were excellent and very professional. all very reasonably priced We will definately find an excuse to visit again. Thanks to all at Mar Hall and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: we had a massive room close to reception, view to the back garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EveInglis, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I am so pleased to read that we ticked all the boxes for you during your visit to Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort. Our whole team are dedicated to ensuring our guests have the best stay possible, and I will pass on your lovely feedback!

I’m delighted to see that you enjoyed a bit of pampering in our Decleor Spa – the treatments on offer are wonderfully relaxing and rejuvenating.

We hope to welcome the three of you back soon!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We've stayed at Mar Hall twice now, both times it blew me away! I love the building, the setting, and the internal decoration is fantastic....wow, what a grand hall!! Enjoy using the spa and pool and have even roped my husband into spa use too, so thats a total plus! The food is always of high standard and on our last trip was a true culinary experience, real up to the minute food.

My husband and I splurge about 3 times a year on special hotel treats and I have to say that Mar Hall is the ONLY establishment I would return to without a second thought. We decided to stay somewhere different this time and I have to say I was so disappointed......We still have a few central 5*'s to visit but at the moment Mar Hall is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest!!

Fantastic atmosphere, superb service, can't wait to return...now I just have to find an excuse!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow, what a review! Your wonderful feedback has really helped kick start another glorious day at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Hotel. We put so much effort into cultivating a uniquely luxurious experience for each and every guest, and I am so pleased to read that we’ve nailed it for you!

We can’t wait to welcome you and your husband back for visit number three - why not take advantage of our Autumn & Winter Breaks special offer and book your next cosy getaway with us now?!

glasgow
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Just spent a couple of days at the hotel. Staff are friendly and attentive. Food was high quality and atmosphere good in the main restaurant. We had a great room at the front of the hotel overlooking the front entrance. Attention to detail is spot on. I would highly recommend a visit. I'll be finding a reason to come back soon.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EveInglis, Manager at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort. Our team of staff are carefully selected and trained to the very highest standards in customer service delivery; I am so pleased you felt well looked after and appreciated our attention to detail.

We hope to welcome you back for another visit again soon – why not take advantage of our Autumn & Winter Breaks special offer and book your next cosy getaway with us?!

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hard to fault this hotel. Exceptionally friendly, attentive staff from the greeting at the door, check-in, five minute (no really!) walk to my room, bar, restaurant etc. Large, warm, clean, quiet room, separate huge bath and shower. Good food, both in the small Italian restaurant and the bar.

Two personal minor dislikes - someone coming into my room while I was dining one evening to do the "turn down" thing but also rearranging all of the personal belongings I'd left around the place - please don't do that. Then the cleaner who removed all of the plugs (sink, bath and shower drain cover) and left them out, including the sink one on the glass shelf above the sink. Bizarre and slightly unpleasant.

Overall - really nice and the staff make it even better. I would absolutely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort. I’m so pleased to read that the staff, room and standard of cuisine were all to your satisfaction.

I will pass your comments regarding rearranging your personal belongings to our Housekeeping Manager, and do apologise for this infringement on your privacy.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

West Lothian
Reviewed October 31, 2012

As we pulled into the car park the concierge came to meet us from front door and pointed to the best place to park, waited for us and took our bag from the boot and carried to the reception. Now that's service! Check in pleasant and efficient, the concierge then waited and took our luggage to our room. Had booked a Junior Suite and was not disappointed, really beautiful bedroom and bathroom. Both my husband and myself had massages in the spa, it's a shame you can't walk down or back in your robe, you have to go through all the public areas and past the golf shop where all the golfers congregate and leave there bags. The spa just what you'd expect, relaxing and professionally run. Hubby used the pool and sauna and enjoyed it too. Dinner was lovely, 2 courses included in our offer and had a good choice on the menu. The Maitre de couldn't have been any more helpful, immediately asked how far along in my pregnancy I was and went through all the suitable menu choices, informed the kitchen and other waiting staff of my menu choices. It was a busy Sunday night service but was always well looked after. Surprised to see entertainment in the Grand Hall after dinner, a lovel piano player and singer, sounded great. Breakfast next morning was buffet style with choices of fresh cooked items too. Well cooked and great choice. Overall a really wonderfully relaxing stay, just what was needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review! I will pass on your kind comments regarding service to our staff, who all endeavour to provide our guests with an attentive and personalised experience.

The range of packages we offer in our Decleor Spa really is quite incredible, so I am pleased you enjoyed some pampering! The Rasul Mud Chamber Experience is a very special treat for couples, I would highly recommend it next time you visit.

The pianist and singer in the Grand Hall really do add an element of relaxing charm to post-dinner drinks, and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner.

I hope you will join us again soon for more relaxation and pampering!

Mar Hall Guest Relations Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopton
City Centre
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#14 of 95 in Glasgow
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton

Been to Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!