“Exactly how a spa should be”

Decleor Spa at Mar Hall
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Bishopton
More attraction details
Owner description: The Decleor Spa at Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort is the perfect place for a girlie Spa Day or overnight Spa Break.With 7 treatment Rooms, Relaxation area, Rasul Mud Chamber,Vichy Shower, Aroma Steam, 20 metre swimming pool and fully equipped gymnasium this is the perfect place to relax, unwind and enjoy the benefits of our fantastic array of Decleor treatments.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Exactly how a spa should be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Likes - attentiveness of staff, relaxation room after treatments...

Visited April 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I bought a Mother and Daughter Spa day voucher for the Aveda spa for £130 as I saw on facebook that they were offering this deal and thought it made a perfect Mothers Day gift.
You could choose between a massage and facial; I chose a massage and my mum chose a facial.
The treatments themselves where good, my hour long full body massage was excellent and my mum was happy with her facial.
The down points to the whole spa experience was just that-it lacked any feeling of being in a "destination" spa! I feel misled as it really is just a hotel sports centre (swimming pool, sauna and steam room) with a few beauticians treatment rooms attached. Even the "chill out" room where you go after your treatment to relax is a basically a corridor/thoroughfare!
I'm not sure what they could do to improve bar an upgrade of the current layout and facilities they offer. Think I'll stick to The Blythswood Hotel & Spa for a Glasgow spa day!

2 Thank MeeeJulie
Glenmavis / Scotland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Spa facility spotless and very relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Only downside was rather cramped changing facilities.

Visited March 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Along with my wife we went on a Spa day which I purchased via 5pm. When we arrived there was no one on reception and the shutter was down, we were finally shown around and then got changed for our facial and shoulder and arm massage, these should have lasted 45 mins but we actually only got 30mins, the massage table was solid and uncomfortable, after this we used the gym and then the sauna/ steam room. The pool area is ok but could be doing with a jacuzzi being added, also the beds are uncomfortable and could be doing with some sort of padding to ease relaxation. Lunch was soup and a sandwich, the soup was delicious but the sandwich was one of those were the filling or lack of it left a lot to be desired, don't make the same mistake we did and accept the waiters offer of a drink(tea, coffee) which he makes out as complimentary because you get hit with a bill at the end. I feel that if these so called luxury spas are going to give these offers via groupon and 5pm they should treat the customer the same as if we had paid full price. I would never pay full price for this Spa day as all in all it was disappointing in fact I wouldn't pay the 5pm price again a I feel it was not worth it even at so called half price.

2 Thank tony1968s
glasgow, scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“aveda spa & afternoon tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

visited today for a spa package and afternoon tea in the grand hall. arrived early to use the facilities and would agree with other posters that the pool area could be improved. the spa area itself was lovely and we have had great loungers but as it got busy there were some guests without a seat. the treatments were nice (bliss package) but I would have preferred a longer facial (just a personal thing). all the staff in the spa were lovely.

we then went to the grand hall for afternoon tea which was lovely. too lovely! we stayed for some drinks and waiting staff were very attentive.

i would return but for me would want more value for money so will look out for any deals otherwise not sure I would pay full price again.

4 Thank helenmag