Booked last minute for the dinner/dance/room package at the Glynnhill. At £130 for 2 people - 4 course meal, live entertainment, bed, breakfast and use of the leisure facilities it is really good value. The rooms are fine, not amazing but clean, well equipped (hairdryer, iron, ketle) and comfortable beds. They could do with a bit of sprucing up and a few design details but they are fine for an overnight stay. The bathrooms are nice, again really clean and with plenty of little extras - glasses, shower gel, soap etc. The staff are very pleasant and professional in reception and at breakfast. We visited Harry's Bar for a drink and snack in the afternoon and while it is not the best décor the staff are great and the food & drinks good and reasonably priced. The leisure facilities are ok, the pool area is nice however the gym and changing areas are ok, not great.
The function at night was in a large room with some effort to decorate the place. There had been thought into where you were sat - couples set together. The waiting staff were pretty young but really good, although one seemed a wee bit 'authoritarian' - a young girl stomped over to demand our small bottle of diet lemonade - we refused as they do not sell it in the hotel. I offered to let her taste it to confirm it was not alcohol but she declined. Her overall manner indicated she may want to think of a non customer facing role for the future. The rest of the staff were great. The menu choices were pretty good, it was served at reasonable intervals - not too rushed nor too slow. The food quality and quantity was fine, all tasty and generous portions. My one gripe is they do not properly label the menu for allergies and as a result I had dishes containing ingredients I am allergic to, fortunately I had medication in my room and managed to recover after an hour or so. The vegetarian options are very dairy orientated - something they may want to consider in future menu planning.
Overall it was a good night, the entertainment and general atmosphere was pretty good with people of all ages up dancing 'til the wee hours. Recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This commended 145-bedroom hotel is ideally located only 1 mile from Glasgow International Airport (not in flight path), 5 minutes from Braehead Arena & Shopping Centre, Xscape Leisure Park and 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre. The hotel now boasts 97 rooms of the modern, contemporary club style. A new guest lift has been installed to service 3 floors of bedrooms; facilities also include 3 bars, Carverie, Bistro and Gourmet restaurants with weekend entertainment and an exclusive leisure club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glynhill Hotel And Leisure Club
- The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club Renfrew, Scotland
- Glynhill Hotel