I arrived at the hotel on Friday evening and on entering my room I immediatley noticed that the carpet had not been hoovered.I left to return to see my husband who was admitted to a near by hospital and said at reception about the room not been hoovered where the girl said it would be seen to immediatley.On my return later on no hoovering had been done but as I was feeling tired after my 6 hour journey I decided to leave it until the morning. Again on leaving the hotel in the morning I said to reception about the room and again was assured that it would be taken care of. I returned late that night after been at the hospital for 12 hours to find not only had my room not been hoovered but my breakfast tray was still in the room i immediatley went down stairs to reception where i was told by the girl on reception that she was sorry! i went to reply and this woman standing at reception asked me what was wrong to which I asked her who she was and she said she worked in the hotel so i preceeded to tell her and immediatley she said to this other women who was passing her on the stairs could she go and pick up the tray from my room and hoover it (may I add this is at 1130 in the evening) the woman came with me and picked up the tray but as we talked it was clear to me she was'nt keen to go and get the hoover to do the room so as I was so tired I said to her as long as she made sure it was hoovered in the morning which she did reassure me of- off to bed I went. I left the hotel the next morning confident I would be coming back to a hoovered room WELL how wrong was i?????? I sat on the bed and thought how difficult is it to hoover a room. Looking round the room at this point I could see that not much cleaning had been done and what with me concentrating so much on the carpet I did'nt see the drink stains down the side of the chest of drawer and I forgot to mention that the ben linen had two holes in it!!! I must add that the three times I did complain about the room not been hoovered the girls at reception did say all I had to do was phone down throught the night which made me begin to think that the house keepers where hoover weelding vampires who only prayed on peoples carpets at night!!!!!! Could I write a horror book on this hotel which could then be turned into a horror film I think I could!! Will not be returning to this hotel and if I ever did would have a hoover in my case- no doubt about that!I would like to take umbridge with the Transalvanian tourist board whom I can only assume were the body responsible for awarding this hotel 4 stars!!!!!This hotel is at best 2 star!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This commended 145-bedroom hotel is ideally located only 1 mile from Glasgow International Airport (not in flight path), 5 minutes from Braehead Arena & Shopping Centre, Xscape Leisure Park and 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre. The hotel now boasts 97 rooms of the modern, contemporary club style. A new guest lift has been installed to service 3 floors of bedrooms; facilities also include 3 bars, Carverie, Bistro and Gourmet restaurants with weekend entertainment and an exclusive leisure club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glynhill Hotel And Leisure Club
- The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club Renfrew, Scotland
- Glynhill Hotel