“Needs a rethink” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Renfrew
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Needs a rethink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business

Good position only 10 minutes from the Airport

Rooms were fine with free WiFi, plenty TV channels, decent bathroom and clean

Unfortunately very poor pressure on the shower in my first floor room

The bar of the hotel requires a face lift with uninviting décor and very well used tables and seats

Bar staff had to be found to serve me at 5.30 pm, why the Reception staff would not serve me I have no idea

The second night I paid for my drink and the bar staff walked off without serving my pint.

Eventually they returned and I was given my drink with multiple apologies.

Food in the hotel was good, although I found the menu limiting

We booked for a meal at 8.00 pm and were told when we arrived that there was no more lentil soup, quails eggs and haggis was all gone, as was the chicken and the prawns

That was about a third of the menu

On the other hand breakfast was superb with a full English and/or Scottish additions like sliced sausage, haggis, tatty scone and decent black pudding

Unfortunately once more an Hotel that only cooks the link sausages on one side-why do they do it?

On leaving, Reception tried to charge me for the accommodation although it had been paid for by the company

Most apologetic when this was realised

Would I stay again, probably at £70.00 per night, but I would eat and drink out

Room Tip: Test the water pressure in the room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank David H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
Wythall
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot on business and this is one of the worst hotels I have stopped in. It would be an ok 3 star but they class it as a 4 star. No where near a 4 star.
I don't feel ripped off as the room and breakfast was only £80. They need to benchmark against a proper 4 star hotel

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank KH1Wythall

Travelers are raving about these Renfrew hotels

Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had one of my best staying ever at Glynhill Hotel and Leisure Club. Extremely clean rooms, spacious bathrooms, friendly attitude. I really felt like home. The staff is polite and really trying to please customers.
The food is fantastic!!!!!! Lots and lots of food (full English breakfast, cereals, cakes, biscuits, four different types of bread, and a variety of croissant and English pastries with vanilla cream....delicious!!!!
the coffee is on service all the time and night entairtenment is absolutely fantastic.
Dinner is a challenge even for the hungriest people on earth. 30 different dishes, wine and drinks. a big variety of desserts as well.

Room Tip: club room with a road view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elenikyratzi
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have been to this hotel several times over the last 2 years, we are from Edinburgh and meet up with friends from Balloch ( Loch Lomond). We arrived on a Friday and stayed until the Sunday taking in 2 Tribute nights. We use the same rooms, to the front of the hotel facing on to busy Paisley Road and can't say we notice any real noise. The beds are comfortable but you may need to pull blinds down as lights outside shine into rooms. The staff are the friendliest we have met - nothing is too much trouble, just ask if you need anything. The food, what can I say? Breakfast is unbelievable - the best ever you would be hard pushed to find better. Tribute Nights very good, food is a standard 3 Course meal and good value. Going back for 3 night to bring in the New Year.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear may be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jim L
Stranraer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent from the minute we checked in till we checked out.
The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure that the tribute night and our stay was excellent.
The room was spacious and spotless, the meal at the tribute night was great as was the staff making sure that everything was alright and table service a good touch.
The tribute act Motown was absolutely brilliant and could not be faulted.
The breakfast was as the stay excellent.
Would we come back to the tribute night and stay here again definitely and would strongly recommend it

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on the evening of the 12th Sept 2013. We were offered an upgrade to club OMG if that was an upgrade then I will eat my hat. The room No was 252 it was a disgrace. Carpet dirty, bathroom had dampness on wooden paneling. I suffer from bad asthma and straight away it was affecting me immediatly. my partner and i decided to go to the pool to discuss what we were going to do...the spa was a disgrace. 2 staff on duty. The female member of staff sat for almost 45 minutes on her mobile then proceeded to paint her nails at the reception desk whilst in the so called 'spa' my partner and I noticed 2 children on there own for approx 15 minutes while their dad has a steam in the steam room at no time did the staff check on these kids, also health and safety issues with chemicals next to fridge in the spa and exposed instead of being in locked cabinet, again a risk to small children. The 'spa' was filthy and when we came out of the jacuzzi we noticed we had grit on us, totally shabby and mosaic tiles falling off walls. We went back to reception I asked receptionist to resolve dampness in room she told me she would get the room re serviced (missed the point of my asthma completely). We arrived back to room 252 to be met by chaimbermaid, her supervisor and a man hanging around outside our room, the supervising manager was the one who offered us a room change to a gold room, well that was room 384 which initially seemed an improvement...how wrong we were. Middle window didn't close and the noise of traffic was dreadful, car park bright light shining into room that had blinds which were screwed into the rail. The bed was horrendous. if I hadn't had a glass of wine we would have packed up and left. Instead we sat up in the room and finely dozed off at 3.30 again to be awoken at 5.45 by loud traffic. Breakfast not great as room was dirty and cheap table cloths and paper napkins on tables like so cheap and nasy 2 star hotel. We checked out at 9.45 and I wasn't asked how I enjoyed my stay instead I thought I would right to hotel,,,,i have now sent them 2 x emails to enquire name of manager and or owners of this establishment to date I have received no response. I looked at other reviews on tip advisor for this so called hotel and I noticed the manager Dorothy offering to upgrade if a family group returned, I'm telling you all the upgrades are actually a step down. This establishment is happy to grab money from business people or travellers and not have any professional ethics that said I can't really blame staff as poor staffing comes from poor management.........don't waste your money instead stay in central Glasgow. The Marriott hotel is fantastic in comparison to this run down, shabby, dated environment. The only bonus was the girl that served us our dinner (she's wasted on this hotel) and the food at night which was of a good standard.

Room Tip: No matter what room you stay in they are all the same...don't do it!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank wenrho
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Glynhill for one night before flight the following morning. After having read some reviews on Tripadvisor I thought perhaps we might be disturbed by noise. The hotel was excellent (especially for the price we had paid). Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, without exception. The room was a good size and clean. Beds were comfortable. We ate at Harry's bar for lunch and then in the hotel restaurant for evening meal, both were very good. We stayed on a Saturday night and the functions taking place were - a wedding, a dinner dance and a tribute night, I can honestly say, we didn't so much as hear a hotel door closing. We were leaving early Sunday morning and had breakfast delivered to our room at 6am. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - special thank you to Jennifer on reception for making a special occasion for us even better

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renfrew
Normandy Hotel
Blythswood Square
Blythswood Square
#13 of 96 in Glasgow
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,521 reviews

Been to The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!