Booked adjoining rooms 117-118 dumped in the corner of hotel with a view of the restaurant roof.
* Windows very dirty and ledges a layer of dust.
* Sofa in room had cigarette burns and stains that looked like someone had urinated on the couch.
* Hairs of previous occupants found in the bath and on the floor of the bathroom. Black mould at corners of bath that wasn't stained- could have been cleaned.
* Toenail clippings lying on floor beside bed.
Went down to reception to ask to be moved rooms. Reception manager Bethany was polite and told me that the hotel was full and nothing they could do. I asked for couch to be removed and she said that would be fine and she would get someone to bring some chairs to sit on and get the room deep cleaned. I went upstairs and someone came up a few minutes later and said the couch was too big to fit out the door so it would need to stay. We had a little girl staying with us and she would climb on the sofa so we asked for some sheets to put over and they did do this. Cleaner came to room to do deep clean and I left room to get something from car as she arrived and she was away by the time I arrived back (deep clean whole room in 5 minutes?)
Went for dinner and waited ages to be seated and even longer to get drinks. Restaurant was empty when we arrived and very busy when we left and definitely understaffed.
Breakfast- seated quite quickly. Manager Martin explained that the breakfast was self serve. Went up to get tea/coffee and couldn't find it and asked a member of staff behind serving area to point me in the direction. She said she would send someone over and asked a member of staff to bring some over and the lady replied "What does she want me to go jump to her attention? I've got 20 other things to do". When she did bring the tea over she sat a boiling pot of tea in front of a 3 year old. My friend put her arm out to stop her daughter getting burnt whilst I moved it and the lady serving said to her " can you move your arm so that I can put this down". There was a Chinese family beside us and we also witnessed the same member of staff being very rude to them.
I have visited this hotel for nights out and meals before and the service was great. I will never visit here again as the staff have been rude.
Here are some of the pictures from the jokingly 4 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This commended 145-bedroom hotel is ideally located only 1 mile from Glasgow International Airport (not in flight path), 5 minutes from Braehead Arena & Shopping Centre, Xscape Leisure Park and 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre. The hotel now boasts 97 rooms of the modern, contemporary club style. A new guest lift has been installed to service 3 floors of bedrooms; facilities also include 3 bars, Carverie, Bistro and Gourmet restaurants with weekend entertainment and an exclusive leisure club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glynhill Hotel And Leisure Club
- The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club Renfrew, Scotland
- Glynhill Hotel