We stayed here for 2 nights in concert with an international meeting. We were given a room on the top floor of the hotel. The room was configured like a loft. It was very hot in the room and the windows only opened to full, which isn't great when it is pelting down with rain and the sill is covered in water. The hallway area was extremely warm, to the point of being uncomfortable.
The room was in need of a complete repainting. The tiles in the bathroom had no grout between them and in serious need of regrouting. There were several lights out in the bathroom and sleeping area. The carpet needs replacement and is past any routine vacuuming efforts. The sink area was in need of a thorough cleaning and sanitizing.
When we checked-in, we were given our room and went directly to the room only to find the dirty bedding, glasses, etc. still there and the room not made up. A nice welcome to the hotel. When we went downstaris to advise that the room was not ready, we were offered no explanation, no room change nor time when the room would be made up, which was some 2 hours later.
Much of the hotel common areas have been upgraded with new carpets, however most travlers are not sleeping on the carpets and money would be better spent on refeshing the rooms. We has some 26 people at our meeting plus a number of spouses and as a group, we were overwhelmimgly disaapointed!!
We did not use the pool, however did here some complaints about it. The food was fine and the breakfast buffet was ample, but is overshadowed by the shortcoming of the rest of the hotel. We were directly over the area where the 'tribute night' was held and the music was just a tad too loud well into the evening.
Perhaps a change in management or new glasses are required to realize that improvements are desperately needed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This commended 145-bedroom hotel is ideally located only 1 mile from Glasgow International Airport (not in flight path), 5 minutes from Braehead Arena & Shopping Centre, Xscape Leisure Park and 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre. The hotel now boasts 97 rooms of the modern, contemporary club style. A new guest lift has been installed to service 3 floors of bedrooms; facilities also include 3 bars, Carverie, Bistro and Gourmet restaurants with weekend entertainment and an exclusive leisure club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glynhill Hotel And Leisure Club
- The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club Renfrew, Scotland
- Glynhill Hotel