“Small buffet , yet large bill”
Review of Exotic India - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2012

2 adults,3 kids, age 2,5,12 buffet : 63 pounds ., yes 63 pounds .

First time with buffet , small choice , chicken , chicken , chicken or lamb , poor. Choice ,
Had to wait on starter getting cooked , not impressed this time .

18.67 pounds was for six soft draught drinks, and two glasses of milk..Expensive .

6 pounds for my 2 year old daughter ,
I told them she ate a spoonful of rice, , after a few minutes, they took her off the bill.
Many people had vouchers , when I asked about them the staff became very vague.
I think we will wait on the groupon voucher the next time , 11 pound was pushing it for the buffet, with the lack of choice..

1  Thank beafrrespirit

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Last night I have been to the Exotic India Restaurent, Restaurent was fully packed and they were very busy. Someone came to me gently and asked me to take a seat I have been given a seat with my three other colleagues.I must say the food I had there is one of the most delicious one ever, I enjoyed their freshly made Lagan ki boti and Kadahi paneer followed by an excellent service.I can still feel the taste even after 12 hours. Its simply superb once you go there will go again and again.
Thanks
Lisa

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were in this place 3 years ago and thought we'd never go back. Recently though we were told that it was new owners and 'had changed' - so we gave it a try.
To be honest, for a £9.95 buffet, we don't have huge expectations, but service here is seriously lacking.
It took 5 minutes, despite the place being empty (we dined at 5.30pm on a Saturday) for a drinks order to be taken and another 5 minutes for the drinks to arrive.
The restaurant has had a few new posters put up and little else to change it to Exotic India - it's not exotic.
The buffet is tight and sparse on starters - main course are actually quite good - we enjoyed ours, good chicken and lamb curry's and hot etc etc.
Overall though we felt ignored and that the place lacked any atmosphere or comfort.
Quick buffet bite, cheap food - but if you want service best try other places and pay more.

1  Thank BBurnett
Reviewed April 3, 2012

As a local gave exotic a try early Jan with takeaway which was good.End of Jan took family to buffet night which again was good. However since then 1 more takeaway and 2 further buffet visits have have not been quite as good.On Sunday 1st April took family,4 adults 2 kids to buffet and it was poor.Certainly gone downhill, service & attitude awful didn,t see a smile on any staff member indeed when asked one about replenishing a starter item got no response other than a icy look. Same old buffet items but smaller,chicken pakora size of nuggets, more sauce than meat in mains, desserts rubber jelly hard dry cake.Won,t return.

1  Thank gavin m
Reviewed March 28, 2012

arrived at the restaurant with five members of my family. The waiter who seated us was nice enough. The waiter that followed, was rude and arrogant. The food was vile. A pungent smell of sewage was residing around the restaurant. we asked the 'nice' waiter what the smell was-he replied 'the air freshner'. We will never eat here again

3  Thank amandaw406