Normandy Hotel
$92
$81
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead(Renfrew)(Great Value!)
$57
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Glasgow Braehead(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$81
$99
$83
HolidayInn.com
  • Room Service
Courtyard by Marriott Glasgow Airport(Paisley)(Great Value!)
$65
$133
$99
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
2,316 results
All reviewstribute nightglasgow airportcar parkingpark and flyairport transferholiday parkingan overnight staygreat nightshuttle servicerooms are smallgreat value for moneyhen nightdays parkingbit datedan early flightstayed here for one nightmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2010

16 of us stayed here for a Girls Aloud Tribute Night which turned out to be a great night for all the wrong reasons!

- Rooms were really small with little room to swing a cat - not that we had one to swing but 2 girls getting ready was a nightmare
- We had 5 rooms with a hen night in the surrounding rooms. At the end of the night, the 'hotel mafia' were patrolling the corridors to ensure we were in our own rooms and one of our bags was checked as we explained we were just dropping crisps and nuts next door! I felt like a schoolgirl being told off for wanting to speak to my aunts! (We weren't being noisy, just chatting as we hadn't seen each other in a long time) To be honest, it was over the top and ridiculous!! We were told that there's people going to the airport at 5am which is fair enough but those people were in the bar til 4am!!! youcan't have it both ways Normandy, have party nights for big group but expect us to "ssshhhh..."
- Great atmosphere at the party night though we didn't know who was supposed to be who in Girls Aloud Tribute....except Nicola! Very funny!
- Some good deals on pitcher cocktails and bottles - more reasonable than expected but they do check your bag for booze as you go in :)
- No queue at the bar which was great
- No choice on the menu for dinner, thankfully we didn't have any veggies
- Lovely breakfast

I'm back here for a hen night in July but we're not staying overnight this time. Instead, i we want, we shall go back to one of our houses where we can chat until our heart's content!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I booked to stay overnight at the Normandy Hotel for a Dirty Dancing Tribute Night. Upon arrival when we located our room we found that the door to the room was left open with a key card lying on the floor at the door entrance; I found this to be a bit odd considering that the key card could have been taken and used to enter our room when we were not in it.
The room was incredibly small with barely any space to move around the double bed. I actually phoned reception to double check that we had been allocated the "signature room" that we had booked (there was in fact a large cardboard cutout in the reception advertising these "signature rooms" - I can assure you that this did not in any way resemble the room we had been given). I also discovered that the divan bed was ripped from one end to the other and resembled something more akin to what you might see in a garbage tip. Much to my horror I then discovered an old dirty sock under the bed covered in dust and soot. The room was very dull, dark and dank so I attempted to turn on the lamps in the room to further investigate and see what other "treasures" I could unearth. I found that there was only one lamp working which had the result that I could barely see anything (perhaps this was for the best considering the state of the room). I then found the headboard to the tattered bed to be covered in a thick layer of dust and soot (and if we all remember that dust is primarily composed of decaying human skin, then you can understand why I began to feel a bit queasy at this point). This was compounded by my discovery of what I can only describe as pubic hair in the bath! I contacted reception and requested to speak to the duty manager so that I could complain about the room conditions and so that he could observe the conditions for himself.
When this delightful chap came up to the room he could not understand why we were complaining. His reply was that he would replace the light bulb and remove the dirty sock but that this was all he could offer. In fact, he couldn't even follow through on this pathetic attempt at customer service as the lightbulb hadn't been changed by the time I checked out. The manner in which he spoke me, a paying customer, was utterly disgraceful and extremely patronising.
I warn anyone who is even considering staying at this "hotel" to give it a wide berth. I am sure that there are cleaner, better maintained, bus shelters than the Normandy. The room was a disgrace; it was dark, dusty, in disrepair and generally quite unhygenic. I will never, ever, stay at any of this group's establishments and will be attempting to get a full refund, however I feel that this is unlikely considering the level of professionalism already exhibited. I wish I could award this a 0 star score. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mamatequilla
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I arrived home from the heat of Egypt to minus 9degrees on 8th January. My car had been parked at the Normandy Hotel since 16th December and was a block of ice!! The battery was flat and the AA quoted 6 hours to call out due to the amount of calls they were dealing with. However, Danielle on reception and two of her colleagues from the hotel located a set of jump leads and in freezing conditions and darkness, they helped start my car and get me on my way.

Thanks to you all for helping a stranger in need and well done to the Normandy Hotel for employing such caring, thoughful staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We went for the new year party night, the whole night was great, the food was excellent. When we arrived we were given 2 signature rooms, they were clean(apart from the toilet pan,it could have done with some bleach). There is no centre light and found it impossible to find anything as it was so dark but we managed.I booked with late rooms for a superior room the second night and was told the signature rooms are exactly the same.We were also told if I never booked with them direct we were not guaranteed a room when we arrived ( which they said i would be booking with a third party). The hotel wanted £80 a night and £70 for the second night. It definately wasnt worth that.I found all the staff extremely friendly and helpful.Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2009

My friends an I booked for a party night and over-night stay and were really disappointed. I believe this was a very popular venue for weddings about 20 years ago and I doubt if the rooms have been upgraded much since the.
The reception was welcoming, but behind the facade were wornout carpets, Tacky cheaply furnished rooms, which smelled of damp. The bedding was minimal and the mattress and pillows were past their best. To be honest I have stayed in better furnished motels. For £60 a night, I could have got a taxi home.
The "party" night consisted of two youngsters doing a Dirty Dancing Tribute. since the hall was so big, there was little chance of seeing anything from the back where we were seated. The "meal" was average and offered no chioce other than vegetarian and the drinks were as expensive as most 4* hotles, which this definately wasn't. We decided to give up on the party night and go to on of our rooms; there were 8 of us and having bought a bottle of wine, shared it and listened to some music, only to have a member of staff knock on the door at midnight and tell us to be quiet as there were children trying to sleep upstairs. Well, they would have had no chance and not just due to us, and we were anything but loud. Having had enough we went to our respective rooms and tried to sleep. I think I could have slept better in the departure area of the nearby Glasgow Airport as not only was the bed extemely uncomfortable the but there was a constant noise of revellers coming and going along the corridors and the front entrance.
The breakfast was possibly the best point of our stay, there was plenty of it and warm.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends