Normandy Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
2,316 results
All reviewstribute nightglasgow airportcar parkingpark and flyairport transferholiday parkingan overnight staygreat nightshuttle servicerooms are smallgreat value for moneyhen nightdays parkingbit datedan early flightstayed here for one nightmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have staid in this hotel four times already and will be back. Very handy for Glasgow Airport. Staff could not be more helpful or friendly whatever time of day or night you arrive. There is a large menu and the breakfast is just what you need to set you up for the day

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PSPurewal, Manager at Normandy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Maggie T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on you recent stay at The Normandy Hotel. Any feedback we receive is greatly appreciated as it allows us to continually improve on our performance.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent service and a welcoming comforting stay for all our guests. On behalf of our kitchen team we areextremely pleased you enjoyed the food as well.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Normandy Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great hotel for an early morning departure or late arrival. Staff very friendly and polite. Although rooms are a bit on the small side, they were clean and warm.Dinner was lovely - so much choice. Breakfast was very good, again a good choice whether you wanted a continental or cooked breakfast. Have stayed here twice a year for the past 15 years and would highly recommend!!!

Dear felixfaescotland,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at The Normandy Hotel. Any comments are greatly appreciated so that we can continue to improve our service.

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We strive to provide an excellent service and a comfortable and welcoming stay, and we are extremely pleased that this has led you to become a regular guest of ours over a fifteen year period.

Thank you again for your comments and we look very much forward to welcoming you back to The Normandy Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times but our experience on the 18th September has really put us off. We were put in room 102 and as we setteld down for the night as we had a 3am wake up call, we heard this terrible whining noise. I phoned reception and said are we above the kitchens and was the noise the fans, she said yes but the kitchen would be closing in 10 minutes. Half an hour later and unable to cope with this whining I phoned again and she said she was waiting for a reply from the porter. She said there were no more rooms available to move us. My husband extremely angry went down to reception and asked to speak to the manager and low and behold a room was available for us. Also when we checked in I asked to pay cash for the room and the receptionist told me to pay in the morning and again low and behold the money was taken off my credit card on the 19th, was this taken off just in case we refused to pay after our 2 hour sleepless night?

2  Thank Janette M

Dear Janet M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Normandy Hotel,.

I was deeply upset to read of your trouble with the noise from the Kitchen. I have personally checked the room and have noted your feedback for future so that we can continue to provide an excellent service.

I also apologise for the administrative error, and can assure you this is highly irregular.

Thank you again for your comments and I do hope you will consider The Normandy Hotel again for future stays.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having never stayed here before, I was pleasantly surprised by the courteousness of the receptionist both upon my arrival and the morning of my departure. Even though my stay was for one night, I felt welcomed as if I was staying longer. The breakfast staff in the morning were helpful and polite, with the food being plentiful and hot. A special thanks to the two courtesy bus drivers, especially the morning driver, who got me to the airport in plenty of time. I would have no problems recommending the Normany Hotel to friends and I would use it again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Phillip M

Dear Philip M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Normandy Hotel.

We strive to provide excellent service and value for money, and are therefore delighted that delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent one night at the Normandy before a flight; I took the DB&B option with the parking and thought the offer quite reasonable.
The room was claustrophobic, tired and not very clean; the mattress was a different size to the bed base and the lighting was dreadful.
At dinner, I ordered a medium-rare Ribeye steak which was indeed, and surprisingly, very acceptable, although what accompanied the steak was disappointing.
They offer free wifi, but it is not available in the bedrooms; the lobby was the only place I could get a signal.
The staff are friendly enough, albeit they appeared to be frazzled by anything more than a simple request; their capabilities border incompetence.
Breakfast was pretty awful with limited choice; cheap sausages and as much as your arteries could cope with, is not my idea of a healthy breakfast; the 'continental' options had run out and were not replace.
I booked the shuttle bus for 11am only to find out that the driver had left without me at 10.55am, even though he knew there was another passenger. I complained; I waited; I complained; I waited. The receptionist finally called for a taxi; I waited and waited and waited. At 11.40am (and remember I had a flight to catch; I also had an 11.20am meeting at the airport which had to be cancelled) the bus and the taxi finally turned up.
Upon my return, I called the mobile number on the ticket who said they would be waiting at the bus stop; when I arrived at the bus stop, the shuttle bus had gone as it was full up. The same driver returned to collect more passengers 25 minutes later; they had one shuttle bus in operation and three trips, that I'm aware of, had to be made to ferry passengers back to the hotel in order to collect their cars.
Having witnessed such incompetence, I didn't hold out much hope for the condition of my car; I have no idea where their 'secure parking' is located, but my car was returned to me covered in mud.
An experience I wouldn't recommend - or repeat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BettyBoopPerthshire

Dear BettyBoopPerthshire,

Thank you for taking to time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Normandy Hotel.

We thank you for your feedback & we apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused with regards to the shuttle service. Our service is prompt on departures, so as not to delay the other passengers already on board.

We have recently experienced difficulties in our regular return shuttle service due to unexpected flights & delays and with customer feedback I believe we have taken the correct preventative action in the event of any future flight delays.

Our staff are highly trained to provide the best of service, both in service and in cleaning. We also offer free Wifi in all our rooms, though I apologise that in this instance, you couldn't get a signal.

Although there is a full variety of breakfast items out, I apologise that on this occasion you felt that this was not the case. Our food is prepared to a very high standard, and more continental breakfast items are always easily available on request.

Thanks once again for affording our teams the opportunity to improve and correct matters going forward.