“Fun!”
Review of Snow Factor

Snow Factor
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Renfrew
More attraction details
Owner description: Snow Factor Braehead is the UK's biggest indoor Snow Slope. We offer Ski and Snowboard instruction as well as Snow activities including Sledging. Coming soon - Ice Climbing Wall!! Real Snow all year round! Apres Ski - enjoy Bar Varia - authentic Barvarian meals and a range of German beer.
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked skiing and boarding lessons and had a brilliant time. Staff were excellent and friendly. Facilities were clean and equipment well maintained. Would definitely go back and would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Fussy86
There are newer reviews for Snow Factor

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went to the Ice Wall Climbing as part of a stag party. The climbing was tough work but had an excellent time. The instructor Jamie was first class and I felt safe at all times. I would definitely recommend a visit for something a bit different.

1  Thank Graeme L
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Visited 18/10/13 in the afternoon. School holidays so peak time and £47 for 1hr for me and my daughter. Have been several times before and generally gone at off peak but as I'd already suggested, decided to go despite this being the same price I'd paid for a full day at Glenshee for us in March. When you pay at desk you're now simply given 15 mins to get changed, pick up equipment etc which is too tight when it's busy like yesterday so late getting on the slope. Just about to get on poma when told I couldn't go on without helmet (newly enforced since last visit). No mention from any staff either at desk or equipment pick up and not enough signs. Back again and eventually on slope 18 mins after our time slot this time with stinking helmet that does not fit so of little use other than remove their liability (I accept the principle despite being advanced skier of 35yr experience therefore not exactly going to need it this visit). If you are going to insist then you need to make more effort on making sure customers get the benefit by having helmet fitted properly. These helmets often have clips missing, straps twisted, padding missing from inside and are almost always dirty. I've never seen a member of staff near the helmets in all the years I've visited. Given stringent enforcement of helmets no noticeable policing of advanced/intermediate poma causing lots of stoppages due to smaller kids falling off while the beginners poma runs smoothly. Given Peak price was surprised when after another 5-10 mins they turned off one of the pomas. This creates a queue onto the bottom of the slope (dangerous in itself) and obviously makes it slower for customers getting fewer runs at peak time when paying a higher price. Not enough staff inside or out. Shocking rip off. Doubt I'll be back. Better going to Bellahouston or Bearsden as much better value and run by skiers/boarders and not a business simply interested in taking your cash and covering their own H&S liability.

7  Thank Raymond G
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Jamie took a group of us on a Stag on to the ice wall for a 90 minute introductory experience - fantastic! Could not recommend the experience enough. Great fun to do as a group and i'll be returning to go solo and do the fuller course. Steins of beer and burgers in the bar were a cracking end to the day!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We received vouchers for Snow Factor for Christmas last year. I did not bother to check the expiry date because I assumed it would be at least a year. Not so...it's 6 months and they will not honour any expired vouchers. Total ripoff!

We went sledging last Christmas - we have been the last 3 Christmasses and given the kids the whole Santa experience. Last year it was very over-crowded, very dangerous especially for very little kids, and felt over-priced and greedy - trying to squash too many people into the experience so they made lots of money.

All in all I'm disappointed with Snow Factor. My kids are very competent skiers, but I think we'll stick to Hillend.

3  Thank SK19702013