“Great place, even better staff”
Review of Snow Factor

Snow Factor
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Renfrew
More attraction details
Owner description: Snow Factor Braehead is the UK's biggest indoor Snow Slope. We offer Ski and Snowboard instruction as well as Snow activities including Sledging. Coming soon - Ice Climbing Wall!! Real Snow all year round! Apres Ski - enjoy Bar Varia - authentic Barvarian meals and a range of German beer.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nothing is too much of a problem. Staff members make this place amazing, shout out to Marty and Jamie for the great banter on slope and the guy at reception who let me charge my phone

There are newer reviews for Snow Factor

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Enjoyed our 2nd visit to Snow Factor - didn't have any problems with events on or organization, though I had to book on the phone as I had a Groupon to redeem. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. My youngest enjoyed his 1.5 hour lesson, and sledging with his dad, while my eldest and I made use of the main slope for 4 hours. Only gripe would be the £1 charge for the lockers - a bit excessive when you needed to open it a couple of times! Perhaps paying a one off fee for a token or key? Would go more often if it were less expensive!

1  Thank Yvonne W
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We paid £28 each for a 3 hour off peak lift pass which we found to be great value for money. We didn't pre book as it was a Tuesday and most kids were at school. The process of paying was swift and straight forward and the sales and ski hire staff were friendly and helpful. The staff managing the poma lifts looked a bit bored though and they could have at least had a crack with you! We have only had one skiing holiday back in February (learn to ski) and were unsure if we would remember what to do, however it soon all came flooding back and the time just flew in. The slope was fairly quiet with a mixture of snownoarders and skiers. We enjoyed a well earned rest and half way through the day stopped and had food and drink in Bar Bavaria, nice food and they stamp your lift pass so you don't loose time on the slopes while your resting (a great idea) We were so glad that we came and hope to get back before our next ski holiday in 2014.

1  Thank Gillybt
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Snow was great and the slope was a good size. Equipment was good quality.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

The attraction is definitely over priced though. I'd go more often if it were more affordable

2  Thank am407
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked the "Learn to ski in a Day" package which was basically 8 hours slope time with full instruction and a break for lunch for £159. Luckily it was a small group (just 3 of us) and my colleagues in the lesson were on a package including lunch and an afternoon hot chocolate for, I think they said, £170. Our instructor was Ross, who was totally first class and very patient with our wee group of complete beginners. He took the time to ensure we were comfortable with each skill before moving us on to the next level and practically held my hand for the first couple of runs down the big slope. I would thoroughly recommend Ross as an instructor as he was also happy to help any random individuals who were having trouble without encroaching on our lesson time.

I went back yesterday to practise my new found "skills" and had a scream. The girl on the equipment hire desk was very helpful telling me about ski length and binding settings as I'm afraid that was a bit of the lesson that I kind of tuned out of. The main slope had ramps and jumps set up which, worrying at first for the novice skier, soon had me tidying up my turns so I didn't inadvertently launch myself off one. The snow quality was a bit poorer than the week before, but probably more like the real thing - deep bits here and icy bits there. It was also quite busy, with loads of snowboarders, which did mean you had to work to avoid the occasional crash. I'm sure I was probably the one that proficient skiers were trying to avoid!

In all a grand day out - helped by the Groupon offer of 4 hours equipment hire and slope time for £18. I agree that £1 non-refundable for the locker is a bit stiff as it is impossible to avoid unless you particularly like walking through the centre in your socks, but there were two of us and we shared it for 50p each.

Looking forward to going back but will be looking out for price deals.