“Poor”
Review of Snow Factor

Snow Factor
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Renfrew
More attraction details
Owner description: Snow Factor Braehead is the UK's biggest indoor Snow Slope. We offer Ski and Snowboard instruction as well as Snow activities including Sledging. Coming soon - Ice Climbing Wall!! Real Snow all year round! Apres Ski - enjoy Bar Varia - authentic Barvarian meals and a range of German beer.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Poor”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

There were far too many staff just standing around in groups chatting at the bottom of the slopes which was distracting. I'm not really sure what they were doing there most of the time.

I wasn't told gloves were necessary before going in so I left mines in my locker, but after an hour on the slopes I was told they were needed. The lockers costed a pound a go and added a couple of quid to the cost of skiing.

There wasn't much space, I'd hate to think how busy it would be during peak times.

3 Thank Ryan C

Erskine, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Rip Off”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The prices have recently increased by 60% from £19 to £30 for two hours. Way to expensive for the group I usually go with !

4 Thank rfra386401l
Glasgow, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Doesn't matter what the weather is like outside”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited snow factor for snow boarding lessons and found this a really usefull venue, in that, no matter what the weather was doing outside we could enjoy ourselves. The slopes (nursery and normal) have limited space and fortunately for us beginners, it was busy enough without being too busy. I would chose to go at a time of day when it is less busy to get the most out of the space available.
The instructor for the lessons gave good information and instruction throughout the lesson and there was ample time to practice what we had learned. The only thing that i wasn't too happy about is that the lockers are £1 non refundable so you need to remember to put everything in at one time otherwise you could be a smal fortune.

1 Thank Lorraine F
Glasghow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a rip off!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

While Snow Factor might have stuff on their leaflets saying they're Scotlands only indoor REAL snow resort, the only thing real about my trip was disappointment and empty wallet.

The new owners have sneakily shifted all of the off peak hours (which previously included Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings) and have now classified everything outside of normal working hours as Peak hours. If that wasn't enough, they've also increased the price. They tried to deny that when I asked about it at the customer service desk and give me some waffle about the peak times, but its fairly black and white. I've never had to pay £60+ for the family before, so something has changed! They tried to convince me to sing up for their new membership scheme, but that was even more of a rip off than their increased prices.

I use the word "customer service" loosely, as most of the staff were pretty unhelpful while we were there, from the ticket desk through to the slope. The girl at the top of the button tow seem more interested in talking to their friends than watching for people falling off the tow, resulting in my youngest being dragged up the slope before the tow was finally stopped. Add that to the fact that they only had one of the button tows switched on and we spent more time queuing than we did skiing.

We won't be back any time soon!

4 Thank Ross F
Helmsdale, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had survived a weeks skiing in Italy, with very haphazard instruction to begin with. A second (British) instructor actually got us started and interested enough to want to continue, which is why we booked ourselves in for some group lessons at the Snow Factor.

The lady who processed our telephone application was extremely helpful, and suggested that we join-in at Level 2, in view of our previous experience, so we had 3 consecutive morning group lessons. All instructors - Craig, Stevi, Jamie and Jake - were terrific. They provided encouragement, and gave us all confidence, even when we felt a bit wobbly! We learned so much, and although we're very much aware that there's a great deal more to be learned, I can now link my turns (even if rather cautiously) all the dizzy way down from the top of the main slope to the barrier without falling in a tangle of equipment. I never ever thought that I would manage this, but I'm now allowed to ski unsupervised, whenever I like. - It might be useful for you guys out there to know that I'm 64 (well..63.95), which proves how successful the Snow Factor product is. Every member of staff with whom we had contact treated us like royalty.

Apres ski nourishment is to be found at the adjoining Bar Varia, where the service and food was really beyond praise. Properly made coffee. Glorious beef burgers made from unarguably lean Aberdeen Angus, fresh salad, yummy crisp big chips flavoured with something I didn't recognise, though it was most more-ish......oh, you must get the idea! I'm just organising our next trip. Very family-friendly too, so we'll be taking the grandchildren along. What are you waiting for?