“Fab meal”

New Shimla
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Lovely meal in The New Shimla last night. 1st time there and would definitely go back. The food and service was great. The staff were very friendly.

There are newer reviews for New Shimla

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have to disagree with the last review. Myself and my husband eat at The Shimla at least once a week and can honestly say I have never smelled the toilets. Yes you have to pass them to go into the resturaunt, but there is NO smell, you have to enter the ladies through 2 doors, I have a thing about smells and no way would I go here if I even got a hint of a smell. The last review makes it sound like you are sitting at a table next to the toilets, if you have not been before the resturaunt is large
As usual food is amazing and staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

As I pass by the door every night, I thought I’d give this restaurant a chance.

I walked up the stairs and was assailed by the smell of the toilets. Unfortunately the entrance to the restaurant is wedged between the ladies and gents toilets. The smell of toilet cleaner was nearly overwhelming. I stepped into the restaurant, expecting the smell to go, but no it was still there!

The menu is quite comprehensive and I had a hard time deciding what to select to eat. For the starter I had a Seekh Kebab, which came with the usual salad and sauce. The kebab was good and tasted as expected.

For the main course I chose a Pardesi which has added fried onions, mushroom and is cooked with spinach. I chose this with fish – in this case haddock. I have to say this was a lovely dish that I ate with a chapatti and rice. The flavour was lovely and the combination of the fish and spinach really worked.

From a food and service perspective the Shimla was very good, but they really need to something about the toilet area as it is quite easy to be put off before you even enter the place. For this reason alone the Shimla loses points in its overall score, which is real shame.

1  Thank MalvolioCheshire
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I recently had my 40th birthday party catered for by the shimla. Excellent value for money. The food arrived on time and hot. Everyone commented on the excellent food.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Visit regularly. Buffet lovely, starters outstanding. Service always personal. Kolin the boss is fab. X