“Great food”

New Shimla
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Buffet menu is terrific. Great value for money. Well worth a visit. Very friendly staff. Shimla was recommended to me and I was not disappointed. Have been a few times now.

There are newer reviews for New Shimla

Reviewed May 30, 2013

One of the few places left that do decent chicken pakora. buffet excellent value and the best in miles around. nice staff.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

After a trip to Braehead, we decided to try New Shimla's based on good reviews from trip advisor. The decor is tired and a bit grubby but the waitor was welcoming. We decided to choose the lunchtime special menu instead of the buffet to safeguard against a lukewarm meal. Unfortunately we still got a lukewarm meal, probably plated up from the buffet, and since the first bite of my chicken tasted really vile, my meal consisted of some sauce, rice and nan bread. When brought to the waiter's attention there was a very swift apology but after an investigation with the chef, I was told there was nothing wrong with the chicken!!! Although we received a small reduction in the price and an offer to make everything perfect on our next visit, we will not be back as I felt very uncomfortable with their response to my complaint. Unfortunately our Indian meal at the New Shimla is in the top 3 worst Indian meals we have ever experienced.

2  Thank Donna N
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We are regular visitors to this restaurant,and have never had a bad meal. The Buffet is too die for. All the starters are amazing, and the lamb is succulent, tender and so tasty. In fact i can honestly say everything they serve is amazing and so tasty. We often do the buffet and 5 drinks and its a fantastic value. Staff are amazing and make you feel very welcome. We went for xmas dinner this year also and it was a fantastic day with fantastic food. Give the place a try and you wont regret it.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are very regular visitors to the Shimla as it is the only place I would eat in Renfrew. It is exceptional value for money and the food is outstanding. The staff are friendly and the manager Kolin treats you more like family than customers. The food is freshly prepared for the buffet as customers arrive. I am a vegetarian and if i don't fancy the curry on the buffet it is never an issue, something I fancy will be rustled up for me. My daughter says its the best korma ever and my husband says the lamb is to die for it is so tender. The pakora is the best I have ever tasted. Eating in the Shimla is a relaxing experience. I would recommend the buffet and 5 drinks as that is what we have every week.