The Four Seasons Hotel
Achray House Hotel(St. Fillans)
$117
$105
$102
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsloch earndog friendly hotelfine diningdog biscuitsloch viewmain restauranthomemade shortbreadscallopscourse mealporridgesuperb locationfirst classlocal walksdining roompublic areasshort breakwine list
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'm Suzy the Westie and my age is uncertain but I had a great stay at this hotel and didn't feel like i was a nuisance at all!! I got my own welcome letter with a few ground rules and best of all a big bonio biscuit! All the staff were really friendly and helpful and understood that I'm quite shy but made an effort to speak to me. My 2 people companions also thought the hotel was really nice and the Bistro where they ate twice had lovely food - although rather a long wait on the second night for their order - 45 minutes - and only 2 tables occupied. Breakfast was also a treat and the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon was excellent they tell me!
They cater for special diets like gluten free too and the menu makes this clear so theres no problem when ordering. Get a front room to have the superb loch view - we were at the back but could enjoy the view from the dining room.

Room Tip: Room 22 looks out the back to the chalets which look down on the hotel - blinds need to be down for privacy and although it has a small balcony its not really worth using as nothing to look at!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
infoatthe, Guest Relations Manager at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

………..” my age is uncertain but I had a great stay at this hotel and didn't feel like I was a nuisance2………Way to go Suzie, and thank you for giving the instructions to you two legged charges. Sorry about the wait in the Bistro, this can sometimes happen bearing in mind we do have two restaurants within the hotel. Always do book a loch view, and how about a great value three nights for two in dbb…a great bargain. Kind regards from Sham and Pagne, the K9 Reservation Team

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were touring Scotland seeing family and friends, and chose the hotel for location on the side of Loch Earn, what a brilliant choice it was, rooms were comfortable, but food was exceptional only to be beaten by the best half bottle wine list I have ever seen, covering a full range of pockets

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the Loch
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
infoatthe, Director of Sales at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

……….” but food was exceptional only to be beaten by the best half bottle”………Many thanks for the great feedback, and delighted to hear that you enjoyed one of our best kept secret .. the wine list. I could go lyrical on this, but suffice to say beyond the half bottle list is a serious list of mostly clarets (no apologies there) at some truly bargain prices, (less than shop prices)…the way to go !!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just returned from a very restful couple of days here. My husband and I had a room at the back so unfortunately no lovely view of the loch. It seems to be policy if your room doesn't have a loch view you get allocated a window seat in the restaurant - we very much appreciated this gesture.
The food is excellent - everything both restaurants served up was so tasty. A special mention has to go to the Lemon Curd Creme Brulee!!! The staff without exception were both friendly and efficient - nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is quirky with lots of varying decoration - I believe the owner travels a lot and probably are souveniers! Such a view!!

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel will give you an amazing view of the loch
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
infoatthe, Manager at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

……….” The staff without exception were both friendly and efficient - nothing was too much trouble”………. Dear Brulee Lover, many thanks for the great review. Have passed on your kind feedback to the Team, and am delighted to hear you enjoyed the individuality.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were so lucky to have perfect weather for our2 night stay. The staff were, without exception, well trained, courteous and efficient. The view up the loch from our upgraded room was well worth the money. The breakfast buffet was exceptional for a comparatively small hotel and there was a more than adequate choice of cooked breakfasts. The evening dinner was something else! Absolute magic!! The bedroom was spacious ,clean, fresh and with the longest bath I have ever seen At 6ft 2 in, I was persuaded ( by my wife- not the management) to have a bath and play with the provided rubber duck for the first time in+65 years. Bliss!! Negatives:: the food was a tad expensive but it was cooked to order and , as I said, it was absolute magic. Perhaps, you get what you pay for!!Perhaps it was just me, feeling guilty for using an Itison voucher, but I found the proprietor Andrew a shade supercilious.Perhaps he should go on some of the training courses I suspect he sends his staff on. Having said that, he runs an exceptionally well organised hotel in a superb location for touring some of Scotland`s most spectacular scenery Would I recommend this hotel to others? 100% yes!!

Room Tip: It is well worth upgrading to a loch view room. It is there in the evening when you retire and it is atreat to wake up to min the morning
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
infoatthe, Guest Relations Manager at The Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

……….” The evening dinner was something else! Absolute magic!! The bedroom was spacious ,clean, fresh”………Thank you very much for taking the time to submit such a great review., and it is wonderful to hear that you so enjoyed your stay at the Four Seasons. Thank you also for recommending us. We are proposing to send Andrew on a training course over the winter (sadly, he is needed at the moment) He proposes a minimum of six months should suffice. Thank you once again for the great review.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed for a 3 for 2 nights with breakfast and Dinner included in price. We picked a chalet as we had our young Westie, Brodie who was coming with us on his first holiday with us. On arrival we found a clean well spaced chalet (No 4) and the view up the Loch was impressive especially with the excellent weather.
Welcome shortbread for us and a big doggy biccy for Brodie. The food in the hotel was excellent and the different staff were all courteous and very attentive to any requests by us.
Loved how on both occasions we had a bar lunch the waitress brought a bowl of water and three biscuits for Brodie, oh and gave us our menus to choose our meals, priorities right according to Brodie.
Location cannot be beaten for scenery, wildlife and a lovely big Loch for Brodie to try and drink dry as he had his daily paddle which was needed due to the great spell of hot sunny weather.

Room Tip: Chalet 4 gives good view over Loch but is further up steep hill but you can drive down to the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

………” On arrival we found a clean well spaced chalet (No 4) and the view up the Loch was impressive especially with the excellent weather.”………Delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your great value three nights for two break with us. All the top chalets have good views and have the benefit of being a wee bit secluded. Look forward to welcoming your back for another great 342 Break soon.